Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Store Card

tag
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Target Store Card

Well, since I've joined these forums I 've been such a taker of the info here so I thought hmm maybe it's time to give something back. I've been playing the Util. gave w/ my only cc from target the CL is $200 so I only let $5.00 report to get a good boost. This month I noticed a late on my EX report had the wrong date I had 2 lates on that card 7/07 and 8/07 well EX reported as 9/07 so I disputed it knowing they would change it since I was not late in Sept. To make a long story short they removed the late but in the process they updated my balance as of that moment which was a whopping $150.00 lol  Smiley Very Happy  so actually instead of gaining points from the late being removed I lost points for the util. at that momentSmiley Sad So, to all newbies like myself out there make sure your util. is where you want it (1-9%) before you dispute lates with the CC company. 
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Target Store Card

Who trains these people at the CRA's????Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Wish it was us training them I'm sure we know the laws better than they do. Smiley Very Happy
I'm supposed to be studying for my boards right now instead I'm Ficoing... I'm officially addicted.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 3 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Welcome to the club sonogirl.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in that club, too. Talk about obsessed. My BF just shakes his head and goes on with his fantasy baseball sites... Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

It's part of my daily routine now. I used to check the celebrity sites for the latest scoop on who's dating who, who got lipo etc. Now, I can't even tell you if Brangelina are still together but my score is coming up little by little so Brangelina will have to wait LOL Smiley Very Happy
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, this is serious for me as well.  I realize that my credit health is important for my needs and wants.  And considering that I love to travel I know that I wont be able to without credit.  **bleep**, I am starting to believe truly now there isnt too much you can do financially that is major without decent or excellent credit.  That is why I am here so much now---TO KEEP ME ON TRACK SO THAT I DONT ________ UP.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 01-12-2008 07:51 AM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing about the disputes is that the information reported is the snapshot of the account at that time.  That being said, removing the 30-day will serve you better in the long run than the temporary snapshot of high uti......just wait.
Message 8 of 9
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

I belive you Brammy It's just that when I logged on I expected a YAY!! Smiley Very Happy After seeing the late removed instead I was like UMM OKAY Smiley Surprised but I know look at the big picture... I'm trying. Just for that though I 'm going to let a $1.00 report to see what fico thinks now LOL Smiley Wink
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.