Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Visa Auto CLI but nothing from Discover

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Target Visa Auto CLI but nothing from Discover

So, I opened my Target statement last night to find they raised my credit limit to $5K.  It was only a $500 increase but, it is Target and it was automatic.  My PenFed account is showing pre - approvals for $50K car loans, $39K motor home loans and $15K credit cards but Discover won't raise my credit limit from $1,700 because my Chase Signature Visa (limti $10K) reports a balance every month of $700 to $800?  Smiley Mad What is up  with that?  They told me it appears I am a credit risk with that whopping $700 statement balance which I PIF every month!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target Visa Auto CLI but nothing from Discover

Haha, they told me the same.  Apparently people with balances are suddenly not creditworthy at all.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is ridiculous - I have a CC with them for over a year now - no CLI AT ALL.... freakin ridiculous - I have punished them by SD-ing the card.... I am sooo far past the issue that I dont care anymore and wont use the card anymore - ofcourse, i'll buy a pack of gum every three months but thats it...

Message 3 of 6
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I'm doing the same thing - the card is in the SD where it is going to stay.  I'll use it once every three months for a very small purchase!

Message 4 of 6
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

OK, so Pen fed called me today and said they were raising the CL on my Visa to $20K and, if I needed a car loan, to please call them.  And Discover won't increase my limit to anything over $1,700?  They're crazy!

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

OK, so Pen fed called me today and said they were raising the CL on my Visa to $20K and, if I needed a car loan, to please call them.  And Discover won't increase my limit to anything over $1,700?  They're crazy!

Thats just asking not to be used... YAY for Penfed!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.