Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target and Amex

tag
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Target and Amex

Hello all,

Back in the day (1998~age 19), I received cards from Target and Amex Gold.  Target eventually charged off, and the debt was paid in full w/CA.  I charged car repairs to my amex $750 in 2000.  Of course since  there was no preset spending limit, the bill had to be PIF each month.  Long story short I wasnt able to do that.  At the time, my dad said he would help pay b/c it was his car repairs, but never came thru like he said.  It took me 3 months to pay, and Amex closed my card w/ no lates (very greatful for that).  Since it has been so long, would it be possible for Amex re open my accont?  Or if I received a new card in the future, could I have the history from 1998?  As for Target, anyone know about how long they black list for?  And, has anyone ever received a new Target card after prior card went bad?  Thanks in advance for your replies. Smiley Happy

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Target and Amex

@nmorton79 wrote:

Hello all,

Back in the day (1998~age 19), I received cards from Target and Amex Gold.  Target eventually charged off, and the debt was paid in full w/CA.  I charged car repairs to my amex $750 in 2000.  Of course since  there was no preset spending limit, the bill had to be PIF each month.  Long story short I wasnt able to do that.  At the time, my dad said he would help pay b/c it was his car repairs, but never came thru like he said.  It took me 3 months to pay, and Amex closed my card w/ no lates (very greatful for that).  Since it has been so long, would it be possible for Amex re open my accont?  Or if I received a new card in the future, could I have the history from 1998?  As for Target, anyone know about how long they black list for?  And, has anyone ever received a new Target card after prior card went bad?  Thanks in advance for your replies. Smiley Happy

AMEX is forgiving if the debt was paid. Backdating would be a guess since the account was technically defaulted on. But some have had success with backdating of paid defaulted account, just not every one.

I have no experience with Target card or know of anyone who has one so I am sure others will chime in.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.