Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target blacklist gone?

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Target blacklist gone?

Those who were once blacklisted by Target may be able get get approved now that TD Bank has taken over their CC portfolio.

If they ever offer a Target Visa again, I might apply. But a $200 limit store card isn't worth an INQ and lowering AAoA.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Target blacklist gone?

I just closed mine for the cli issue they appear to be having

Unless target follow GECRB practice i really think the risk is great

Sorry Target better luck next time

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 2 of 7
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Yes, in spite of another bank taking over, the CLs are still awful.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 3 of 7
missji
Regular Contributor

I don't think the blacklist is gone. I applied this month and received a rejection letter that stated I was denied because a Target account was not handled "satisfactorily" in the past. Or maybe it depends on the length if time that has passed - it's only been about three years since I screwed up that account.
Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@missji wrote:
I don't think the blacklist is gone. I applied this month and received a rejection letter that stated I was denied because a Target account was not handled "satisfactorily" in the past. Or maybe it depends on the length if time that has passed - it's only been about three years since I screwed up that account.

Someone on another board posted that they were able to get back in, they had a Target acct IIB in 2005.

One good thing is that if you are blacklisted, you won't get a hard pull, as Target checks their own records first.

At least they used to.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 5 of 7
tigger17

Filed BK 7 in 2004. Have applied for Target a couple of times since just to see. Last time I tried, they said I was denied due to old account. HOWEVER . . . Went to the store and bought a microwave and decided to give it a shot at checkout. DENIED? No, not really. They gave me the "decision will be made in 10-14 days." 24 hours later, I see this 800# on my caller ID. I blow it off as just a random solicitation or somethin'. Same # is in my voicemail. I play the voicemail and it's  Target. I call and they ask if I had just applied. I confirmed that it was me. I recently had an ID theft situation and put a temporary Fraud alert on all reports from the agencies. So, the CSR  verified my info, confirmed that it was me, and . . .said I was approved . . . for $700. 
    My scores aren't great. Per this site, "not good" is where they are. My Tranny Union is 618. I guess that's what Target pulled.  But, they gave me the nod.

Message 6 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I didnt know target had a blacklist. However like you stated a $200 limit is not worth it Smiley Sad personal opinion though.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.