Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target card is worthless!!!!

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Target card is worthless!!!!

I've had my Target store card for over one year now, still at $200.00 cl. I mean come on now, what can I do with that? Especially if I wan't to keep it under 10% utl. Target recently had a good deal on grills, 15% off and free shipping if you use your card. Total after tax $212.00. I didn't do it and they lost my business. I do like Target as a store but their card is just about worthless to me. Does anyone have the same feeling?
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target card is worthless!!!!

Plus they just raised my rates as well. Doesn't matter but just another point to complain about. Smiley Happy
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 2 of 18
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I had a $200 Target card and I was going to close it.  I kind of felt the same way. Then they bumped it to $1000 at about the 18 month mark.  Now I think they are OK.  LOL.
Message 3 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

manyquestions wrote:
I had a $200 Target card and I was going to close it.  I kind of felt the same way. Then they bumped it to $1000 at about the 18 month mark.  Now I think they are OK.  LOL.

Impressive. What type of habits did you have on the card? Used it monthly? Kept balances or no balances?

Don't feel bad OP, I am still at $200 after 15+ months.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

By any chance did this happen right before the holiday? Many of us that sat with stagnant target CL's were bumped sometimes in late November I think it was. Mine sat a $500 for 2 1/2-3 years.

To the OP: The thing I like about Target cards is that they are not widely known to shut you down for non-use. Some companies you have to make sure to use the card every month or two or they will close it. So, if anything it's a card with no AF and is great for building history.

Message 5 of 18
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Target gives CLI on "their terms" and no one understands "their terms", however, if you wait it out I believe it is worth it in the long run when they do decide to up your limit.  Also, if you are rebuilding credit it is better to have a target card on your credit report than it is to have "Brylane or women within card" Target is far more reputable and will change your credit for the best as it ages, you will also get other store cards easier, of course you have to handle your account with respect and in turn it will respect you back.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 6 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I did get my Target card about a year ago to help with the rebuilding process. I am thankful to them for the positive tradeline. I guess as time goes by, I tend to forget how thankful I was to be approved for the card in the first place. Everyone is right about it helping me in my rebuilding phase (which is currently ongoing). Thank you for reminding me of that important point! From now on I will be thankful for the positive trade line. The $200 limit still stinks though. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My Target card has been at $200 for last 1 1/2 years and I give up on this card.
Message 8 of 18
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

By any chance did this happen right before the holiday? Many of us that sat with stagnant target CL's were bumped sometimes in late November I think it was. Mine sat a $500 for 2 1/2-3 years.

Yes,  I was one of those. Happy Holidays from Target.  This past year it was a lot of people getting bumped up from $200 to $1000.  The year before a lot of people got bumped from redcard to Target Visa.  

Message Edited by manyquestions on 03-05-2009 05:24 PM
Message 9 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I dont care much about CI on the Target Card any more. It is a card with no AF so I dont have to feel like when I keep the Orchard Cards. I dont spend more than $200 at Target, the CL they gave me so. I stopped worrying about this card long time ago and sock drawered it.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.