cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target or Walmart: Which one should I use??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target or Walmart: Which one should I use??

SWISSOATL wrote:

Touchy subject for some i see! lol!

Well, whether it's a touchy subject or not, it's still not good to say that something in particular will happen for anybody who has the card, when it's obviously very hit or miss.

SWISSOATL wrote:

how is the overall credit?

TU 755 / EX 732 / EQ 721

SWISSOATL wrote:

how much do u spend? $100 or $150+ a month? or less?

Month 1: $84
Month 2: $255
Month 3: $136
Month 4: $64
Month 5: $222
Month 6: $0
Month 7: $98
Month 8: $71
Month 9: $49
Month 10: $113
Month 11: $166

SWISSOATL wrote:

I think it also has something to do with using credit/store cards when u first get them and pif the
first few months and show how u would use it!

I have PIF every month, and never been over the limit.

The Visa upgrade seems more random than anything else.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

im thinking of getting a store card to add to my mix of credit.
if i got target store card im gussing i would get the small 200 CL.

when they ask you to switch to the visa for a CLI wont that hurt your mix of credit cuz its no longer a store card its a visa?

im just looking to help my mix. CL for store card is not too important to me at this current time
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see folks are really mad at Target what can i say they where really good to me when i had the card.
Message 23 of 28
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

mjbfan79 wrote:
I see folks are really mad at Target what can i say they where really good to me when i had the card.

Yup, other than being kind of wonky in the beginning with CLI/upgrades I can't complain -- I just earned four 10% off coupons by charging a bunch of appliances on my Target Visa.  I figure I'll need Target badly when it comes time to furnish the house with regular house stuff!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 24 of 28
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Yeah Target took a chance on me when no-one else would and they asked for nothing in return.

I'm going to keep them around no matter how long my cli's take.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm starting to think that good scores and reports actually start to count against you with Target. They probably figure that you have other options, so they're not expecting you to make them their number one card. There are a couple of others like that, unfortunately.

Again, as cheddar warned, I'm not trying to make a blanket statement. Just an observation. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm starting to think that good scores and reports actually start to count against you with Target. They probably figure that you have other options, so they're not expecting you to make them their number one card.

I'm starting to think this could be the case as well.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm starting to think that good scores and reports actually start to count against you with Target. They probably figure that you have other options, so they're not expecting you to make them their number one card.

I'm starting to think this could be the case as well.

Me three.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.