Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target store card upgraded to Target Mastercard

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Target store card upgraded to Target Mastercard

I'm a ittle excited about this one. In today's mail, I got a letter from Target stating effective  8/14/19, my store card would be upgraded to the Target Mastercard. Also my credit limit was increased to $6000. I'm very excited to see this.  This is one of my most used cards, as I'm in Target once a week to pick up something.  I wish they had the rewards at 5% across the board, but I can't be too choosy!

Anyone else get this offer yet?

Guyatthebeach

Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target store card upgraded to Target Mastercard

I’ve been hoping for it but no joy so far. Great to hear that it’s still a thing though and hopefully it’ll happen at some point. Congrats on getting it - it’s not a common upgrade.
Message 2 of 111
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Based on another thread, I'm hoping to be upgraded in 6 months if everything keeps going the way it's going.

Message 3 of 111
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I wish I got it. My 13th statement just cut. Snd still stuck at $300.

Message 4 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the significance of this? I'm sure other cards offer better rewards for spending outside of target. Plus don't they start you off with a new account?
Message 5 of 111
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy thats a Targeters dreamSmiley Happy Long ways a way from the ubiquitous $300 lolSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

The significance.
I can't speak for anyone else but for me it was a higher limit (currently 14k), and a account that can be used anywhere MC is excepted. I haven't used mine outside of Target yet, but I like having the option. I don't carry many cards so it's nice to have an additional back up. Also their is certain benefits that come with having non-store cards (like lower auto insurance rates).

For me, and assuming everyone else it was a true conversion, same account, same history. Definitely not a new account.
Message 7 of 111
JaseT
Established Contributor

I believe the Target Mastercard is a Chip + PIN card, which can be nice to have for security reasons.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fantastic. Hopefully that will be in my future. I get CLI's from TD bank on a regular 3 month basis. I wonder what the factors are to trigger them to send that out?

Message 9 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok good to know. I thought I read about it being new account. Maybe that was the Walmart card? Has anyone requested a conversion, or do you have to wait for it?
Message 10 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.