Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeting the Chase Palladium Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Targeting the Chase Palladium Card

I'd say the Palladium's edge is that its a UR card so basically if you know how to use points its basically a 2% card.

Message 91 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd say the Palladium's edge is that its a UR card so basically if you know how to use points its basically a 2% card.

Potentially.

Message 92 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that the Palladium is not the best card out there and that "pure wallet candy" is not the perfect reason to get it but I hope this guy gets it one day haha.

Message 93 of 101
alkaline
Regular Contributor

I applied for the Palladium about a month and a half ago. I spoke to JPM several times and each analyst gave me a no. Probably didn't help that my Freedom is effectively sock drawered and I have the minimum balance in my checking account! Smiley Tongue

Probably a good thing that I didn't get approved, though... I only wanted the card for its looks and on second thought, $595 a year is quite a bit of money for that haha
Message 94 of 101
happypill
Valued Contributor

@alkaline wrote:
I applied for the Palladium about a month and a half ago. I spoke to JPM several times and each analyst gave me a no. Probably didn't help that my Freedom is effectively sock drawered and I have the minimum balance in my checking account! Smiley Tongue

Probably a good thing that I didn't get approved, though... I only wanted the card for its looks and on second thought, $595 a year is quite a bit of money for that haha

Doesn't the Palladium require a private banking relationship with like $250k under management?  I don't think minimal balance in the checking account would qualify.

Message 95 of 101
alkaline
Regular Contributor

You don't have to be a CPC customer to apply - they put the application in for me without being one. Perhaps the analysts look for that though, maybe that's one of the reasons I wasn't approved. They never said anything about CPC but they did mention that they would've liked to see more usage on my Freedom.

edit: Just wanted to add that I think the requirements people keep mentioning are pure marketing.

Message 96 of 101
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I don't think using your Freedom more would get you a Palladium. They'll put the app,in, but to get a

proved you need to have money in the bank.

Message 97 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alkaline, you are heavily mistakend. You have no choice but to be a chase private client to be applicable for the card. You application will not go to review, (repeat once again) unless you are with chase private client. It's not for marketing purposes, and is purely impossible your application got reviewed by a JP MORGAN analyst unless you are with cpc.
Message 98 of 101
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Alkaline, you are heavily mistakend. You have no choice but to be a chase private client to be applicable for the card. You application will not go to review, (repeat once again) unless you are with chase private client. It's not for marketing purposes, and is purely impossible your application got reviewed by a JP MORGAN analyst unless you are with cpc.

The application was sent in. They had me sign it and they faxed it off. My denial letters were from JPMorgan Private Bank.

Message 99 of 101
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The application was reviewed. The branch had me sign it and they faxed it off. My denial letters were from JPMorgan Private Bank.

Message 100 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.