tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Targeting the Chase Palladium Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@TCarson wrote:

@MT936 wrote:

you have $30million in the bank? good for you if you do! Smiley Tongue

Well, I'll have the $30Million as soon as this sweet Nigerian Bank deal goes though.

This banker was in a plane crash and all they need is my Social and my Checking Account numbers and soon I'll be Mega rich!

(I think I'm going to buy the London Bridge... anyone know if it's still for sale??)

Yes, I am brokering this deal.

I'm the man who sold the world. Don't you think I should somehow be involved in the sale of London Bridge?

Message 21 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ianGP wrote:

Definite no to the assets.... my spends vary but usually around $60k.  I guess I'm putting in hopes from the stories I've read that fall short of those criterias.  

This is definitely a 'want' card for me rather than something I will use as a primarily.  With my current 3 cards, I've got my bases covered methinks.

Just get the ritz carlton card if it's all about that. It's all metal, same weight as the palladium, comes with loungeclub, $300 airline incidentals annually, and right now has a 140,000 point sign up bonus. $395 a year. 

No one except people on myfico/FT know what the palladium card is anyways. Pretty much if your card looks prestigious, it is prestigious to the outsiders. RC will be just as prestigious to them as a palladium card. 

I was talking to someone today about my RC card, and they were telling me about one of their cards being amazing because it was a visa platinum and had travel insurance. xD 

Message 22 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

If only they knew that we refer to VISA platinums as low brow here. Harumph harumph.
Message 23 of 101
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If only they knew that we refer to VISA platinums as low brow here. Harumph harumph.

Surely not, THAT wouldn't be F.S.R.    Just snigger behind their backs at the clueless newbie.  That's always fair.

Message 24 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahahah.

It was tongue in cheek as I don't really care about VS as much as I care about the credit limits that tend to come with them. Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 101
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ianGP wrote:

My question is - I've just received an inviation for the AMEX Platinum card.  Should I apply for it?

If you need/want it, yes.  If your only reason is that you think it will get you a Palladium, no.

@ianGP wrote:

What of the stories of others being approved without a CPC or CPB? (or a checking/savings acct)

They seem to have died off as Chase tightened requirements on the Palladium.  Note the dates of the posts when you do your research.

Message 26 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah touche! they were early-mid 2012's it seems.... darn.  Well, there's always 'hope & prayers' Smiley Wink   I appreciate everyone for the feedback and humor!  Loving this board already!

Message 27 of 101
dilettante
Established Contributor

@ianGP wrote:

ah touche! they were early-mid 2012's it seems.... darn.  Well, there's always 'hope & prayers' Smiley Wink   I appreciate everyone for the feedback and humor!  Loving this board already!

There are some stories on FT of people who got the card by just asking an eager banker or by having a mortgage through Chase.  If you really want it, go find a banker who's willing to work with you.  

I have the card because I have CPC savings/checking with Chase and if it weren't for the AF being reimbursed, I would cancel it amd reapply for the CSP for the UR transfer capability.  But then, I didn't get the card for the prestige - I use the plastic version of the card, I got it for the perks (hidden and 3X flexible TL, full UA membership, annual gifts, 35k bonus after 100k spend, etc).  

Do as others have suggested, get the Ritz card for now -  which weighs the same at 27 grams, gets the same type of reaction but has lower annual fee of $395 with free AU's (vs. $595 + $99 per AU) and great benefits.  

Hope you get what you want Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

@ianGP wrote:

There are some stories on FT of people who got the card by just asking an eager banker or by having a mortgage through Chase.  If you really want it, go find a banker who's willing to work with you.  

I have the card because I have CPC savings/checking with Chase and if it weren't for the AF being reimbursed, I would cancel it amd reapply for the CSP for the UR transfer capability.  But then, I didn't get the card for the prestige - I use the plastic version of the card, I got it for the perks (hidden and 3X flexible TL, full UA membership, annual gifts, 35k bonus after 100k spend, etc).  

Do as others have suggested, get the Ritz card for now -  which weighs the same at 27 grams, gets the same type of reaction but has lower annual fee of $395 with free AU's (vs. $595 + $99 per AU) and great benefits.  

Thanks for the input D!  btw, I'm new here... what's FT?

I'll have to scope out the branches in NYC on my next visit for a chat with said eager bankers!

Message 29 of 101
dilettante
Established Contributor

@ianGP wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@ianGP wrote:

Thanks for the input D!  btw, I'm new here... what's FT?

I'll have to scope out the branches in NYC on my next visit for a chat with said eager bankers!

FT=Flyer Talk - a great forum for travelers but also has extensive sections on credit cards. 

Message 30 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.