Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell Me About Store Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell Me About Store Cards

Would the impact be the same with say a major CC/store card? For example, the Prime Store Card vs the Amazon Prime Visa.

I only have two "store" cards, and they are MC and Visa versions.

Message 11 of 14
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Or if you really love store cards, you can move to MA/CA/HI, where auto insurance carriers are banned from using credit based insurance scores to set rates!

Yes they automatically give the highest rates. !!      Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would the impact be the same with say a major CC/store card? For example, the Prime Store Card vs the Amazon Prime Visa.

I only have two "store" cards, and they are MC and Visa versions.

No those are considered regular credit cards. 

Message 13 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Cobranded "store" cards with Visa or MC logos are not treated the same way on your credit report as true retail cards that can  only be used at that retailer. If it's a major MC or Visa, it's the same as any other Visa/MC. If it's truly a store use only card, it will report as such, but I don't think it is a huge deal unless your profile is heavy on them and little else. Nevertheless, I think store cards are best opened sparingly for stores you really will shop at regularly, not for a one time discount.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.