Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me Lowest Scores for Chase United and Barclays JetBlue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell me Lowest Scores for Chase United and Barclays JetBlue

Hello Everyone,

I really want to get a travel card next as that is the only thing I am missing in my mix. My top 3 cards moving forward on my wishlist are chase united, barclays jetblue, and the marriot card.

My questions is, what are the lowest scores reported to get this card? I also have 2 old collections and a new one that is due to fall off by the end of this month and hopefully help me increase my scores. I am dealing with pfd with the other two. I have 17% utiliazation. 2 capital one cards currently with $1500 and $2000 cl and 4 store cards that range between 450$-1000$. My scores are all in the 630's, 636,632, and 639.

Has anyone gotten any of these cards with similar scores. I don't want to risk a hard pull if it will be a no go.

I receive mailers for chase united and jetblue but they seem to be marketing mailers, they don't say approved or preapproved. They just say apply and get xxx amount of points/miles. I receive this both in snail mail and email.

I don't know if I should bite.

Please let me know of your lowest scores during approval if possible. My main desired card right now is Chase united as I already have some points accumulated with them from previous travel.

thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell me Lowest Scores for Chase United and Barclays JetBlue

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I really want to get a travel card next as that is the only thing I am missing in my mix. My top 3 cards moving forward on my wishlist are chase united, barclays jetblue, and the marriot card.

My questions is, what are the lowest scores reported to get this card? I also have 2 old collections and a new one that is due to fall off by the end of this month and hopefully help me increase my scores. I am dealing with pfd with the other two. I have 17% utiliazation. 2 capital one cards currently with $1500 and $2000 cl and 4 store cards that range between 450$-1000$. My scores are all in the 630's, 636,632, and 639.

Has anyone gotten any of these cards with similar scores. I don't want to risk a hard pull if it will be a no go.

I receive mailers for chase united and jetblue but they seem to be marketing mailers, they don't say approved or preapproved. They just say apply and get xxx amount of points/miles. I receive this both in snail mail and email.

Please let me know of your lowest scores during approval if possible. My main desired card right now is Chase united as I already have some points accumulated with them from previous travel.

thanks.

First, this will eventually get moved as this forum is for CC approvals

Second, where are you getting those credit scores from?  If they are from CreditKarma and Capital One, they really aren't any help because they aren't Fico Scores which is what matters.

If they are Fico scores, then they are probably too low for Chase and Barclays.  You really should be closer to 660 or higher.  Those mailers you are receiving are just marketing.  What baddies do you have on your credit reports that are holding your scores down?  Is it just the collections you mention or are there late payments as well?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

thanks.

Second, where are you getting those credit scores from?  If they are from CreditKarma and Capital One, they really aren't any help because they aren't Fico Scores which is what matters.

If they are Fico scores, then they are probably too low for Chase and Barclays.  You really should be closer to 660 or higher.  Those mailers you are receiving are just marketing.  What baddies do you have on your credit reports that are holding your scores down?  Is it just the collections you mention or are there late payments as well?

Thanks for the response Irish,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I am still learning. Second, these are myfico scores, I have the 3b reports. third, I figured they are too low I was hoping on a miracle. I have two pfd that should be falling off within a month because I was given a 30 day letter to delete. i have no lates since I have been repairing. Just two old medical collections and an old chargeoff that I am trying to pfd. so much for hope.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

thanks.

Thanks for the response Irish,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I am still learning. Second, these are myfico scores, I have the 3b reports. third, I figured they are too low I was hoping on a miracle. I have two pfd that should be falling off within a month because I was given a 30 day letter to delete. i have no lates since I have been repairing. Just two old medical collections and an old chargeoff that I am trying to pfd. so much for hope.

No biggie on the wrong forum.  It happens.

I would wait until you see how much your scores go up once the colections are removed.  That should make a big difference in your scores. No sense in wasting inquiries now.  Good luck and I'm sure you'll have the cards you want before too long.

Message 4 of 14
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

I would wait until your scores reach 720 and make sure you have very low utilization somewhere about or below 10% and you should be fine with Chase

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

thanks.

When I was originally approved for the Freedom Card last year 4k SL I had 9 unpaid medical collections, 2 Cap1 Charge offs, 2 utility collections and an auto charge off reporting on all 3 reports. My Experian score was around 628.

Now of course all stuff is gone. Only have 1 paid collection across all 3 CRA's.

So, you really never know.

Message 6 of 14
msbia
Established Contributor

@nycplayboy78 wrote:

I would wait until your scores reach 720 and make sure you have very low utilization somewhere about or below 10% and you should be fine with Chase

Umm...720...I was approved for both the United and Marriott cards within a month and my scores weren't even close to 720 at the time. Maybe around 680-690. I agree with you about the high util though, and as Irish stated OP should wait until the scores update from the PFD before applying, especially with Barclays. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your advice and stories as well. I see that it is possible with mid 600's and perhaps it is best to wait until the late 600's to stand a better chance. I was told by the CA to check back on Monday to see if the PFD hit my report. I will continue to check as I wait. I will keep everyone posted. Once again thanks for the encouragement.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Chase United Explorer card in Dec 2015 . My Experience score was 637 2 old collections still showing util. Was around 37% and around 11 inquiries. My 1st Chase card approved for $5000. Before that my highest major card limit was $950. Highest store card was $1750.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian. Stupid Auto correct
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.