Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me Lowest Scores for Chase United and Barclays JetBlue

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Tell me Lowest Scores for Chase United and Barclays JetBlue

Google "credit pulls database" for the site of which we may not speak...You can check there to see what has comparably been approved or denied.

Also, keep in mind as well that it's not all about the FICOs with Chase.  Anecdotally they also use internal scoring methods as well.

Message 11 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

Go to the Chase PRe Qual site and see if anything comes up.

Like the other poster mentioned that Chase also uses their own internal scoring system. They focus on payment pattern and utilization.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I really want to get a travel card next as that is the only thing I am missing in my mix. My top 3 cards moving forward on my wishlist are chase united, barclays jetblue, and the marriot card.

My questions is, what are the lowest scores reported to get this card? I also have 2 old collections and a new one that is due to fall off by the end of this month and hopefully help me increase my scores. I am dealing with pfd with the other two. I have 17% utiliazation. 2 capital one cards currently with $1500 and $2000 cl and 4 store cards that range between 450$-1000$. My scores are all in the 630's, 636,632, and 639.

Has anyone gotten any of these cards with similar scores. I don't want to risk a hard pull if it will be a no go.

I receive mailers for chase united and jetblue but they seem to be marketing mailers, they don't say approved or preapproved. They just say apply and get xxx amount of points/miles. I receive this both in snail mail and email.

I don't know if I should bite.

Please let me know of your lowest scores during approval if possible. My main desired card right now is Chase united as I already have some points accumulated with them from previous travel.

thanks.

These 2 banks don't like derogs, although there are exceptions...relationships, high income, fico scores. I would say get your scores 660 plus to get a good chance. If not, you are throwing darts. Your best odds are the Jetblue card, I've seen less than 5k approvals and Barclay is exclusively TU puller. 

Message 13 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Google "credit pulls database" for the site of which we may not speak...You can check there to see what has comparably been approved or denied.

Also, keep in mind as well that it's not all about the FICOs with Chase.  Anecdotally they also use internal scoring methods as well.

Just for clarification, when you go to this database, just input the bare minimum of info -- "chase united" for example, in the creditor name field. 

The responses you'll get will give you all the information you want:  Creditor name (Chase United)/CRA (almost exclusively Experian) Approved (check or X)/Credit Limit/City and State of the applicant/and any misc comments (which are very informative).

This can be used for any credit card issued to users, whether still active or dormant (such as JP Morgan Select or the various Diners Club cards).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.