Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me about HBSC whos applied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell me about HBSC whos applied?

I had a HBSC guitar center card that had a limit of $6900 back in the day and was closed due to not using it. Wondering how they are now? Reading up on how the App process can be hell and SL not so great, but seeing that they may only pull EQ? 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell me about HBSC whos applied?

They pulled EQ for me recently but then they got uppity with me and I told them to keep it. 

It wasn't worth the hassle it was going to turn into for some sub par CL I'm sure it would have ended up as.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey with my thin file I just got $2700 from Discover lol trying to spread those inquiries around and if they only pull EQ, I'd give them a chance. Plus im trying to take all the hits now instead of 6 months from now.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked and they pulled EQ for me.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I know.  I was going to suggest BBT but, it doesn't look like you're within the area which leads to SunTrust but, not sure how they work since I'm not in their area to experiment with them.  Maybe @DaveInAZ can help?

Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yes, the app process is hell and SL not so great. They SP EX for the first security process and then once you clear that they release your app to underwriting who will HP EQ. I have the Gold MC as it offered 0% for 18 months including BTs made in the first 60 days, but they gave me a whopping $3k SL and since I don't go over 50% util on any card there wasn't much to play with. And interestingly they're a hidden tradeline on TU, they apparently have some issue with TU and won't even report to them.

Yes, back in the day they were great, in the early 2000s when I lived in Vegas and owned 2 houses they gave me HELOCs of 150% LTV through their Household Finance division. But they were a little sloppy with identity verification and got caught with cartels laundering money through them. They exited the US for banking for a couple years and recently came back and are now extreme on identity verification, if you app expect a long identity verification process and having to send them a bunch of documentation.

There are much better & much easier credit cards out there. If you live in their area, south & western US, I really like my BBVA Clear Points Visa.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ

I thought you could help w/ your past apps since you're both in AZ and might have some insight on what lenders normally pull as OP is looking for an EQ puller in the area. 

Message 8 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ

I thought you could help w/ your past apps since you're both in AZ and might have some insight on what lenders normally pull as OP is looking for an EQ puller in the area. 

Yeah, I saw that and mentioned BBVA, but missed that he wanted an EQ puller, BBVA pulls EX.

In checking my EQ report for inquiries, Penfed & DCU pull EQ but I don't recommend either for credit cards. Citi Bank pulled EQ for me, but who Citi pulls varies by state & product.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, and Citi tends to be a DP'R in most cases.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.