Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing AMEX blacklist

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: Testing AMEX blacklist

Folks, i'm not interested in being an AU, and I never mentioned such in my OP. I was simply saying that i'm suddenly seeing soft pulls on my CR after app'ing, whereas before it was instantly denied with no pulls soft or hard.

Message 11 of 28
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Do you have the option of being added as an AU on another's account until you are able to once again acquire an individual account with them?

He included Amex in his bankruptcy, so he can't even be added as an AU.

Wrong!

Amex stopped blocking people from being added as AU when blacklisted some time ago, it was actually a very short period that amex took the no card for you policy to even include AU. I know from personal experience from when they started blocking AU accounts too if you are blacklisted to getting back on as AU a couple years later. (all in the like 2007-2009 area.

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

wow $175 for an au card.....my cards have better rewards for my purposes than any amex and are no af...ty for the warning, avoid amex at all costs

Message 12 of 28
sponge_gto
New Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Do you have the option of being added as an AU on another's account until you are able to once again acquire an individual account with them?

Wrong!

Amex stopped blocking people from being added as AU when blacklisted some time ago, it was actually a very short period that amex took the no card for you policy to even include AU. I know from personal experience from when they started blocking AU accounts too if you are blacklisted to getting back on as AU a couple years later. (all in the like 2007-2009 area.

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

wow $175 for an au card.....my cards have better rewards for my purposes than any amex and are no af...ty for the warning, avoid amex at all costs

Recommended reading: sentence below the one containing $175. Smiley Wink

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 13 of 28
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@sponge_gto wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wrong!

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

no the 175 is a good place to stop.....why would anyone pay for the privilege of a company making money off of you

Message 14 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wrong!

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

I understand it says this but as of last I knew it was still going through.

Message 15 of 28
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@sponge_gto wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wrong!

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

no the 175 is a good place to stop.....why would anyone pay for the privilege of a company making money off of you

This is just your opinion I am sure there are a lot of people who don't mind paying $175 AF for the PRG or $450 for the Platinum.  Those tend to people who either spend a lot on the card or fly a lot to take advantage of the cards additiional benefits.  You been to the Airport?  I would say their lounge is pretty nice. 

One would have to decide whether their spending or lifestyle warrants the high AF.

Message 16 of 28
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@sponge_gto wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wrong!

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

LOL, my self esteem is directly tied in to this piece of plastic. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 28
peepers
Frequent Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@sponge_gto wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wrong!

youwotm8.PNG

wut?

Mod cut.

Woman Surprised   maybe I should cancel my cards......thats not the akward affect I want to make on my fellow women

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 18 of 28
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My mother isn't able to be added back as an AU and she only stiffed them for like 800 or something like that. (It was a green card that she never used until one month and then she never paid it for some reason.) Not bankruptcy, and she still is blacklisted.
Message 19 of 28
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

The snark in this thread is gold Smiley Very Happy

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.