Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Chase waters again...

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Testing Chase waters again...

@Open123 wrote:

I'm really curious how issuers decide whom they will forgive on prior bad debts.  I know they do forgive a portion.  I wonder if it's based on time, amount, some other data or if some they've just lost the records.

Any insights?

I'm sure it's all of the above, but suspect the notional amount is given a lot of weight. If someone screwed me out of $7,000, I would never loan them money again either.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 61 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Testing Chase waters again...

Sorry...I guess they a red alert pops up when you app Smiley Sad
Message 62 of 72
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Testing Chase waters again...M

@open123,

I'm guessing it has to do with timing, amount, and type of loan.

Certain types of loans banks are at least able to recover part of the principal they loaned out so its not so bad for them, which basically also means they got burned less. Or maybe due to the fact the loan originated from another department might have played a small role. there seems to be more people posting on this forums about being able to get accounts with chase again after burning them for auto, mortgage or business loans, as compared to credit card debt. But the sample size we have is extremely small and the data could be very skewed, so it's really hard to tell.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 63 of 72
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm rehashing one of my old threads.

I just submitted another application for the card.

I received the 30 day notice on the web app, and when I called the app status line I was given a 7 to 10 days notice, with a commentary that the app is currently under review. Let's see how long this blacklist will go....   

Message 64 of 72
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I received the 30 day notice on the web app, and when I called the app status line I was given a 7 to 10 days notice, with a commentary that the app is currently under review. Let's see how long this blacklist will go....   

Sorry to hear about the blacklist with Chase Smiley Sad

Best of luck on the new app!  Banks can and should chose their own risk profiles.  But I don't think it's right that they continue to blacklist after over a decade.  The intent of a a BK is to have a fresh start.  I can understand shorter term blacklists, or a permanant blacklist if they were burned more than once.  Even Chase makes mistakes.  I'm sure every taxpayer here remembers TARP (which they did pay back).

I left Chase a few years ago and switched to a CU.  Only recently did I add a couple of cards. 

I'm SURE you are much better off without them. 

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 65 of 72
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

Sorry to hear about the blacklist with Chase Smiley Sad

Best of luck on the new app!  Banks can and should chose their own risk profiles.  But I don't think it's right that they continue to blacklist after over a decade.  The intent of a a BK is to have a fresh start.  I can understand shorter term blacklists, or a permanant blacklist if they were burned more than once.  Even Chase makes mistakes.  I'm sure every taxpayer here remembers TARP (which they did pay back).

I left Chase a few years ago and switched to a CU.  Only recently did I add a couple of cards. 

I'm SURE you are much better off without them. 

Why not?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 66 of 72
Leadberry
Established Contributor

GL

FICO Scores 800+
Message 67 of 72
Vegas247
Established Contributor

I burned them for $1200 and $7500 (Providian Card which WaMu took over which Chase over) in 2006 both CO's......I got approved yesterday for 11k! I'm back with CHASE!!! Instant approval. I had the recon guy on the phone holding my hand and he said see, you didn't even need my help!!! I hope you get back with Chase OP! Good Luck!!!

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 68 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vegas247 - Hats off to you. Did virtually the same thing with Chase January 2013! Figured I never had a chance. Great CL! You are in.
Message 69 of 72
irrational
Frequent Contributor

This is CRAZY!!!!

im shocked they hold a grudge so long. Even Amex eventually forgives.

Let us know how this turns out this time. Freedom card again?

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 70 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.