Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You Preferred 5x

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank You Preferred 5x

Biggest problem with PenFed is that I would have to pay for membership, which negates any extra cash back I would gain over the BCP.

I'm in a no-win situation, except that I'm complaining because I have a 3% gas card and can't justify a 5% card. Talk about first world problems!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 15
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Biggest problem with PenFed is that I would have to pay for membership, which negates any extra cash back I would gain over the BCP.

I'm in a no-win situation, except that I'm complaining because I have a 3% gas card and can't justify a 5% card. Talk about first world problems!

Yep, but the joining  cost is only $15 or so (+ $5 share, which is still yours).

But because the other (BCP) card is also a good rate, I agree the payback time is long.  So, your first world problem is that you got a too good card!  If you had got a crappy First Premiere or something instead of the BCP, the decision would be much easier!

Remember that next time you see a good card.....

Message 12 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I got a targeted offer with similar terms (150 after spending 1000 and 12 months no interest). I am surprised the link still works since it's from April 2011. It's a good deal though since most of the spending I do is at grocery stores and drug stores.

Message 13 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

does Citi pull EX or TU or EQ?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 15
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Yes, if others hadn't reported success I wouldn't have tried it, as offers from April 2011 should have expired.  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.