Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you AmEx for backdating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you AmEx for backdating

My AmEx Blue Cash backdated to 91 just listed on my reports, raising my scores a bit......

I have an inq due to fall off all 3 6/16/11 and 3 inqs due to fall off EQ in Sep, I've noticed each inq that has fallen off has been worth 7-9 points each, so by 6/16/11 my TU should be 804 or so and by Sep my EQ should be about the same (804 or so) I'm so stoked, in 15 months to get from a 583 to the 800's.

I'm done apping (Garden Mode now) and all my new cards have been listed already except Discover, so I don't expect to see a drop because of the new acct, my AAoA's are in the 7+ yr range so I dont think I'll be hurt when Discover reports.

But this post is to Thank AmEx for backdating, and also to Thank all the MyFico Members who have helped me get to where I am today with all the great advice!!

So Thank you!!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you AmEx for backdating

Well done.
Message 2 of 33
ontop
Regular Contributor

Very nice, I've noticed your TU is 3 points from breaking through the 800 line. Congrats
Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ontop wrote:
Very nice, I've noticed your TU is 3 points from breaking through the 800 line. Congrats

It should break the 800's June 16th when that inq falls off, will be the first time in my life I've EVER had an 800 Fico!!!

Thank you for the replies Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ontop wrote:

It should break the 800's June 16th when that inq falls off, will be the first time in my life I've EVER had an 800 Fico!!!

Bravo!  Nice building results Smiley Happy

inq only impact score for 12 mos., so there is typically no score change as a result of an inq dropping, when they fall off after 2 yrs...YMMV but it may be other factors which are causing the increase that you've noticed at the time an inq drops.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool Smiley Happy

I got my Amex back 5-11 and the online profile said 2000.  00 card is on the way lol.

I signed up for the Amex vendor CreditSecure and it showed my very first Amex from 1991 on there.  I had closed it for whatever reason.

I tried for 1991 backdating.  I may have to talk to a different person Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ontop wrote:

Bravo!  Nice building results Smiley Happy

inq only impact score for 12 mos., so there is typically no score change as a result of an inq dropping, when they fall off after 2 yrs...YMMV but it may be other factors which are causing the increase that you've noticed at the time an inq drops.

I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant it will hit the one year mark June 16th and the 3 in Sep will also hit the one year mark on EQ.

When I said falling off i did not mean hitting the 2 yr mark, I meant hitting the 1 yr mark.

Message 7 of 33
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool Smiley Happy

I got my Amex back 5-11 and the online profile said 2000.  00 card is on the way lol.

I signed up for the Amex vendor CreditSecure and it showed my very first Amex from 1991 on there.  I had closed it for whatever reason.

I tried for 1991 backdating.  I may have to talk to a different person Smiley Tongue

Just offer to send them a copy of your credit report listing the account from 1991.  They will take care of it right away.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aftermath wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool Smiley Happy

Just offer to send them a copy of your credit report listing the account from 1991.  They will take care of it right away.

+1 aftermath is correct.

Message 9 of 33
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

+1 aftermath is correct.

If you have any trouble even after sending them your report, and you have a copy of your EX report from annualcreditreport.com, there should be a psuedo-account number listed there that they can use to look up your account.  It's not the same as your old account number, it's some number they generate for the reports.  I think it has to be the report from annualcreditreport, because I think the number is truncated on other reports.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.