Thank you for your post, congrats on all your hard work and not giving up

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 11 of 32
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

Re: Thank you all so very much!

You are truly my inspiration. I'm sitting here at my desk crying because you're such an amazing person. You're incredibly strong and that's awesome!
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 12 of 32
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

This was inspirational, I am so happy that you had a second opportunity to enjoy your life. I also loved your never give up attitude. Wish you only the best in life.
EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 13 of 32
longtermgardener
New Contributor

Kudos !! Thanks for sharing. Your life is really inspiring and your never say die attitude is example for others.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 14 of 32
1_2
Contributor

Thanks everyone. Going back and reading what I wrote this morning with fresh eyes, I realize I made myself sound like a victim. I share blame in the story too. I could have and should have left long before I did and I wouldn't have been in such a sad shape. It was my decision to stay and it wasn't out of loyalty or even love. It was out of cowardice I stayed. I didn't believe I could make it on my own but I learned the hard way that I can. .

My main objective in writing this was to let people know that if I can pull myself up out of the gutter, anyone can. If you aren't yet where you want to be, just don't give up, work as hard as you can because we are all in charge of our own selves and our own destiny.

Everything happens for a reason. We may not know what that reason is for a long time, if ever, but it does. Being homeless humbled me. I have learned not to be so judgmental when I see someone on the side of the road holding a sign begging for money. No, I never did that, I never asked for or received any charity from any person, any organization or government program. I'm too prideful for that--even to my own detriment,  but I don't judge those who do.   ..

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 15 of 32
awiser
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting your story. What you've worked through and have accomplished is amazing. You're amazing.

Message 16 of 32
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, what a story!  Like everyone said, I'm glad that you've overcome the obstacles and now starting to rebuild again.  Wish you best of luck in the future.  When you go through stuff like this it defines your character and can be a life-changing experience for some.  Thanks for posting. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 32
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, amazing story...I don't know what else to say to it.  Not once did it sound like you were playing the victim in all of it.  Just the fact that you can openly discuss the high and not so high points in your life without embellishment made me think you were telling your story from the heart.  I'm really glad things have started to turn around for you.

Message 18 of 32
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

1_2- WOW! Thanks SO MUCH for posting. These are the kinds of stories everyone needs as inspiration that things really can turn around. So incredible that you stuck with everything when times were so hard. And now look how far you've come!

You said thanks to everyone in the forums but honestly, you deserve a round of applause my dear. Congrats. <3
Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!
This truly defines American Exceptionalism! You had it all, lost it all and worked hard to get it back.
You deserve it!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.