Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks AmEx! - 12mth/0% APR

tag
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks AmEx!

Wow, congrats on the 12mth/0% APR . . . I will certainly login and see if I have the offer . . . that would be awesome!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 11 of 25
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Amex - Existing Card - 0% promo APR on eligible new purchases for 12 billing cycles.

Just saw on DW Amex Prefered Cash account a banner offering:

"Get 0% promo APR on eligible new purchases for 12 billing cycles.
After the promo period, the APR for these purchases will be your standard Purchase APR."

She uses this card daily and we pay in full each month but free money is free money.

We have curved down spending on this card so I could use my new Gold card for SUB.

Any down side to using this?  Amex trap to see if we need it financially?

Basically, just click a box to accept.

Her Ficos are 810-830.

Anyone ever use this?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex - Existing Card - 0% promo APR on eligible new purchases for 12 billing cycles.

I got this too. It was my first time getting it. I enrolled. I thought I got it because I havent used this card since Dec 2020.

Message 13 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Amex EDP 0%/12 Month Promo

Last month I had an offer for a no-fee "Plan It" on my EDP which I ignored, so I guess they figured they'd try something else to get my attention.  Well, this one 'made me look', haha:

AmexZeroPromo.jpg

At first it wasn't clear what they meant by "promotional period," and I thought only purchases made within a certain period (i.e. month) would be at 0% for a year, but it appears this would work like a new account 0% promo, best I can tell anyway.  I'll probably go ahead and activate it in August before it expires, even though I doubt I'll use it.

For those who like fine print, here it is (incoming wall-of-text):

Offer Terms and Conditions: Eligible purchases made during the promotional period with your enrolled Amex EveryDay®Preferred will receive a promotional 0% purchase APR for the duration of the promotional period.  After the end of the promotional period the APR for these purchases will be a variable rate, based on Prime Rate plus 12.74%, currently 15.99%. Please note that any existing purchase balance prior to the beginning of the promotional period will continue to be charged interest at your current APR even during the promotional period. The promotional period begins the day after you enroll,and is valid through the following 12 full billing periods. The promotional purchase APR will not apply to any purchases made before or after the promotional period. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of other cash equivalents, or charges related to Fly Now, Earn Later℠. The Cash Advance APR and Penalty APR(s) still apply to your account as reflected in your Card Agreement. To qualify for this offer, you must enroll on or before 8/15/2021. Only Card Members invited to participate may enroll. This offer is not transferable. You will not be eligible for this promotional purchase APR if you accept another promotional APR offer from American Express prior to responding to this offer.

I have some other cards that also currently have 0% promos that I would use before I would use this one, but it's nice to be on the radar in any case.

Message 14 of 25
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex EDP 0%/12 Month Promo

Congrats UncleB!! It's not just EDP, I received on BCP as well! Enjoy it!!

Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 25
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice. I've had my EDP for a while and never an offer. Actually thinking about downgrading it to an ED. The only I keep getting as of late are the pre-approved loan offers which I have no interest in.
Message 16 of 25
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Got this on my Delta Gold. The last card I'd want it on but hey I took it anyhow.

Message 17 of 25
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Wow . . . that is awesome . . . I need those type of connections!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 18 of 25
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Wow . . . that is awesome . . . I need those type of connections!!!

Stick with Amex for long enough and keep those bills paid on time and chances are you'll make it there.

Message 19 of 25
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats UncleB!! It's not just EDP, I received on BCP as well! Enjoy it!!

Smiley Happy

Got mine on BCP as well, I will take it gladly!

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.