Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chase?

So I've had an account with chase since I was 18. I actually opened my account at and at 19 I got a Chase + 1 Card $500 CL. That card's credit limit has not risen in 2+ years. I also have a Target Red Card with a $500 CL and a Capital one with a $1750 CL. Got a pre-approval letter in the mail for the Chase Freedom card, filled it out two weeks ago and got the 7-10 day message. Got the mail today and along with it came my new Freedom card. OH WHAT FREEDOM THEY GAVE ME! $200 CL? Thanks a lot chase =/.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks Chase?

Ughh. I didn't know a $200 CL card existed with Chase. Are you currently a student? Maybe it had to do with annual income? I believe Chase is pretty good with CLIs, so maybe keep the card and see if you get a CLI later on.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh???? Chase 200CL????

I too thought Chase only issued much higher CL's

I'm happy for you and sad at the same time, I guess its better than nothing.

Best of Luck and Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

$200 CL for a Chase Freedom? That's news to me...didn't realize Chase is also a sub-prime lender.

Use the CC in good health...you will get your CLI.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, a 200 limit? Amazing!

My roommate about a year ago had minimal income (like 900 a month), but Chase gave him a $5k card. He maxed that out, and they gave him /another/ $5k card maybe 6 months later. His credit WAS decent before they gave him the cards, but maxing them out and being late on a few payments royally screwed him over. Sometimes I don't understand at all what they base their credit decisions on. He briefly worked for Bank One some years ago before Chase bought them out, so he had an (ex-)employee account, maybe that helped in his case.

Message 5 of 18
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

What is the APR?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this really even possible? A typo on the paperwork? I know that last question is dumb, but I'm amazed to say the least.

I did not know Chase was Sub Prime?

Message 7 of 18
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Don't those pre-approval or invitation letters have some disclaimers on them that state the credit limit issued "may be as low as" and some amount? I don't know that I've seen any with an amount of less than $300. Might be worth taking a look at your original offer letter to see if that was stated anywhere.

Message 8 of 18
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Hummmm.........I would call their Credit department and ask for reconsideration on that credit line.  You already took a hard pull for that account, so what would it hurt to follow through and explain to them the hard pull versus the credit line.  As the previous poster said, the credit line would grow, but that's an awfully low limit to start with.  I know banks say that the credit line could be as low as xxx, but i would ask for a recon on that amount.  Maybe they have outdated/incorrect income.

Congrats anyway, most people would love to have that card, but they could have at least started you out with 500$.

Good luck!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The APR is 23% after the 6 month 0% intro. It has cashback if that matters. I'm happy I got the card but the limit is just laughable. Makes no sense. This being my 2nd chase card and the limit is actually lower then my +1 card.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.