Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Ms Disco; I'll come back l8r

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks Ms Disco; I'll come back l8r

Hm. This may have me reconsidering my dance with Ms. Disco too.

My Chrome card started out as secured, and unsecured quickly and got decent auto-luv, but the last six months I’ve been getting the cold shoulder. Denied, denied.

If I can get the APR down, I’d at least feel like I’m getting somewhere. I don’t plan on paying interest, buuuuut.....
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just posted my experience with Discover in the approvals section. Long story short, I was approved for my fourth card earlier today. Towards the end of my post you will see my Disco journey. Good luck.

Message 12 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hm. This may have me reconsidering my dance with Ms. Disco too.

Not into to Disco or the Hussle but....I hear ya!

I've called to close my card on avg. once per month since it graduated 6 months ago.  So finally a CSR threw me a bone and gave me the 0% apr for a year.  Call in; try it.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

*musing*   Alternatively, maybe I can PC my formerly secured Chrome to a It Cash, and get a better CLI trajectory?  

I don't really want to close this one and open a new card before about March/Apr.   I have 1 inquiry that fall off, and 3 will become unscorable then.  

Message 14 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You can request an APR reduction after 12 statements.

You can?  This Disco card I have now is 0% til next July but is just low.  That's why I wanted a different card and if this higher int. card will lower in 12 stmts. then that would be great.  Are annual apr reductions pretty rock solid? ( if you're credit is solid, that is)

Wait until your promo period is over and then simply get on live chat and ask for the reduction Smiley Happy. A close friend of mine took my advice and went from 24% to 18%! 

I can't say how the algorithim would go into play if you were to app for a 2nd card; but I would assume because of your newness to Discover- it won't be what you're expecting. Give Ms. Disco some time and she'll warm up Smiley Happy. If I were you- I would wait until your promo apr ends on the first card, ask for the apr reduction and then 2nd app Smiley Happy.

Okay, I will just sit tight.  When in doubt; don't. But this plan I can handle. Thanks!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, what kind of spend do you put on Disco? You say it's gonna be 1 year soon, and it graduated after 6 months. So I'm guessing that you are still to new for them to get a baseline. Plus it's Disco, so no one really knows for sure. 

If you cannot get the CL up to where you want it, and are serious about closing, a 0% promo isn't really doing you any favors. It's juts delaying the inevitable. It's no secret that increasing your limits with them aren't that easy nor often like with Amex.

Sometimes it feels like you have to hit them at the exact right time. Heck, I never even requested an increase for the first two years on  mine. At the time I applied the limit was the highest SL I had ever recieved, so it worked out fine for the next few years. Until I came across MyFico and found out about SP CLIs, and got a better understanding about Untilization.

Message 16 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of curiosity, what kind of spend do you put on Disco? I allowed my DS and DiL to use it as their daily driver, one million swipes a week.You say it's gonna be 1 year soon, and it graduated after 6 months. So I'm guessing that you are still to new for them to get a baseline. Plus it's Disco, so no one really knows for sure. I was with them in the 1980's, applied through Sears, but yeah I'm new. This week is One Year.  Since my ds and dil use it a lot it needs to be higher, no ...that's a lie, I want it higher, or I can't use it.  I have Gigantic bills that could burn that card up.

If you cannot get the CL up to where you want it, and are serious about closing, a 0% promo isn't really doing you any favors. It's juts delaying the inevitable. It's no secret that increasing your limits with them aren't that easy nor often like with Amex. Yeah, I just get tired of asking and thinking this thing is dormant; but yeah....I'm just rushing it.  It forced me to go behind her back and open other cards, would rather not have done that but a card is a tool; I like big tools...hahaha!

Sometimes it feels like you have to hit them at the exact right time. Heck, I never even requested an increase for the first two years on  mine. At the time I applied the limit was the highest SL I had ever recieved, Mine the lowest so it worked out fine for the next few years. Until I came across MyFico and found out about SP CLIs, and got a better understanding about Untilization.

Thanks for responding!Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.