cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the help!

tag

Thanks for the help!

I silently read your forums for a few months learning what I needed to do to improve my chances of getting the cards I wanted. Last month I thought I was ready for my first app spree then get on my way into the garden. I was very disappointed when my first app, the Chase Freedom was denied. I knew this wasn't a good sign so I called off my plans. Late last week I received a mailer from Discover that I was preapproved for the IT card. This seemed like great news. Then I used the website to see which cards I was prequalified for. It listed several great cards I had been considering.

With your help I was able to open the BCE ($3,000), Discover IT ($6,000), BOA Cash Rewards ($5,000) and on a whim called up Chase to see if they could reconsider and was approved for $800. I went from 1 Capital One card with a $500 limit to all of that. I am so excited and content with what I have now gardening doesn't sound all that bad! Can't forget $350 worth of sign up bonuses that should be no problem clearing. It appears I was just a few weeks early for my app to Chase and that my Capital One hadn't reported when I thought it would. All appears to be good now.

Thanks again!

BCE AMEX - $9,000 | Cap1 QS MC - $750 | Discover IT - $7,800 | BOA Cash Rewards $5,000 | Chase Freedom $800 | Sapphire Preferred - $7,500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks for the help!

Congrats thats some nice cards

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your successful spree. You have an excellent line up of cc's - treat them right and you'll be rewarded.

See ya in the garden! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Great job! Keep up the good work, and I wish you the best of patience and fortitude with gardening!
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

You have put together a nice line up Smiley Happy

Congarts and welcome to the forum 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.