cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to user minimal_debt my Discover is now 0% APR for 12 months.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to user minimal_debt my Discover is now 0% APR for 12 months.

I never even thought of asking because it started out as a secured card, graduated a few months ago and didn't think it was possible to do. Well on user minimal_debt advice I logged in, went to messaging and asked if they would do it and sure as **bleep**, they did. While it took awhile to get someone to respond to me and I had to log back in several times this was the response.

LOL I am sorry about that, but i did have time to see what promotions we have and I can see that you have an awesome one here.  The promotional rate of 0.00% will apply to new purchases starting 12/21/2019 through 12/20/2020 and will expire on 01/25/2021.After that, the standard purchase APR of 24.49% will apply. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. You will receive a written confirmation of this offer.  Would you like me to accept this for you?

Edit: Adding data points from my current Experian credit report.

Experian FICO 8 688

I've had the Discover card for 15 months

Utilization is 9%

Discover utilization is at 25% 
Other accounts at 14, 21, 13 and 17% utiization

No collections and 1 auto loan charge off from TD bank that is set to fall off anyday now.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Thanks to user minimal_debt my Discover is now 0% APR for 12 months.

Paging @minimal_debt 

Message 2 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

PhotoGrid_1576897592262.jpg

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I'm hoping to go another round @ 0% APR next month!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still think it's totally awesome that Disco does this. I am covered with 0% until 12/2020 but I absolutely will ask them about it if I need it. 

Message 5 of 15
minimal_debt
Established Member

You just made my Christmas xx
Message 6 of 15
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the 0% 🎁🥳🎉🎊🎈✅💯
Nice to not have financing charges for a year
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I never even thought of asking because it started out as a secured card, graduated a few months ago and didn't think it was possible to do. Well on user minimal_debt advice I logged in, went to messaging and asked if they would do it and sure as **bleep**, they did. While it took awhile to get someone to respond to me and I had to log back in several times this was the response.

LOL I am sorry about that, but i did have time to see what promotions we have and I can see that you have an awesome one here.  The promotional rate of 0.00% will apply to new purchases starting 12/21/2019 through 12/20/2020 and will expire on 01/25/2021.After that, the standard purchase APR of 24.49% will apply. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. You will receive a written confirmation of this offer.  Would you like me to accept this for you?

AWESOME! 

A great holiday present.

Happy Holidays to You.

And thanks to minimal_debt for sharing info.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I still think it's totally awesome that Disco does this. I am covered with 0% until 12/2020 but I absolutely will ask them about it if I need it. 

Agree and I'm asking even if I don't need it. Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree and I'm asking even if I don't need it. Smiley Very Happy

I would but I don't want to be in that 6 month period when you can't ask for another one and actually need it. I have SavorOne, Cash Magnet, BCP, Disco Miles, and Citi R+ all with 0% right now and the R+ doesn't end until 12/2020. 

I will be asking them for a permanent APR reduction on 12/26 though. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.