Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That was a good one BoA--amused

tag
ycm
Established Member

That was a good one BoA--amused

Have had a Platinum Plus Visa for a few years, 2500 cl. Approved July 25 for Travel Rewards Signature. Showed up on my log in with the other account a couple days after that.

Was told the card should arrive within 10 days (Aug 4, a Sunday mind you). I expected that standard message, not news to me.

Check mail yesterday and saw what I thought was going to be my new visa sig. Had that feeling of a card inside it. Got very excited to activate it and put some monthly expenses on it.

I open it and its a replacement for my platinum plus card account. Isn't set to expire for another couple years. Has bank Americard design, just says rewards to the right.

Very amusing BoA. Makes me wonder if they even put my travel rewards in the mail. Or they just so happen to send me two new cards on the same day and one of them got in first. Tomorrow makes day 11, if its not in my box then they will be receiving a call from me.

Just thought I would share.
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: That was a good one BoA--amused

Haha.. sounded similiar to my wife's story.  We went into the branch this Sat and she got approved for a Travel Rewards with 10k CL.  She also asked for a newer version of her Cash Rewards card to be sent out as well.  Hopefully we both get both cards. lol

Message 2 of 3
ycm
Established Member

Re: That was a good one BoA--amused

Wow no kidding.

I actually called them again tonight letting them know that I still haven't received it. Then they proceeded to tell me that the mailing service sent it back because they didn't have my unit number, but they DID have my correct street address. It's so amusing because I've have an cc in perfect standing with them since 2009 and was logged in when applying for this card. How my apartment number didn't carry over is beyond me. Add to that that today in the mail I received both an invite to app for the cash rewards card AND and balance transfer offer for my account open since 2009 ( which I will be closing next week) FROM BOA. The amusement continues.

They claim the card is being reprinted today and that I should have it in 5 days. I asked if they ever overnight cards to customers in this situation andd they said they can't overnight cards for new accounts. Ok then boa, you do just that.

This was going to be my card for recurring monthly expenses because I'm looking to close my Amex prg - but we will see what happens when the card gets here.

End rant.
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.