cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

Though I'm temporarily in an app-free status, there's not much point in my checking in until after I've applied for and (I hope!!!) gotten my PenFed card sometime in February or March.

May I reserve a room that's close-ish to both the pool (there IS a pool?!) and the gym, for then?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 11 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in!  Already started on my own so the peer support will be good. My only potential deviance will be if I can wrangle my newly graduated B of A into an accelerated rewards Amex. But that should happen without an app when and if it does. No new apps until 2010.

I also vow to dump Credit Won on their anniversary date and continue to mess with Orchard customer service in any way I can. (Emails pointing out their stupidity while using the card only for a small recurring monthly charge vs. the 3k a month they used to get.)

I vow to continue PIF as a policy for CC's.

I vow to continue paying off non-CC debts and get them in the same boat as my CC situation.

I vow to continue adding to savings, Roth and 401 even if it makes me gag with the present financial climate.

EDIT : Because I can spell, I just can't type.

Message Edited by contractor on 01-03-2009 06:32 PM
Message 12 of 91
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

I haven't app'd for anything since March of 2008 and I really don't see a card that blows me away or that I just have to have. To get to where I want to be will require time so I'll just sit here and wait.

Message 13 of 91
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

I'm in too!! Fell off the wagon in December, but am now officially back on the road to recovery!!! Not another app or requested CLI until 10/2010!!

Thanks for the sponsorship!! Happy New Year to All!!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 14 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will not be doing anything that results in a hard pull of my credit report (including asking Chase for any CLIs) unless it is directly related to the mortgage (pre-approval, etc.) for the house that my wife will find.

Hopefully it'll happen this year.

I shredded the pre-approved offer from Chase for a 0% balance transfer for more than a year with no fees. I have over $100k in available credit with no need for any more.

Playing the credit card arbitrage game will have to wait until after the house is bought.
Message Edited by Mike14 on 01-04-2009 01:59 AM
Message 15 of 91
MattH
Senior Contributor

New Year's Resolution for all: remember what we really want.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 16 of 91
marty56
Super Contributor

Last year I was bad and got a new autoloan and a credit card.  This year no app or indirect apps.

June 2009 - All INQs older than 1 year.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 91
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Count me in! My last app was Feb 2008 (costco AMEX). The only app I plan on this year is the refi of my mortgage (which Hauling said was allowed Smiley Tongue)

Cheers and good luck everyone! 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 18 of 91
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have not applied for credit for over a year now, and don't want any more cards  Smiley Happy

One car loan is a year old and the other is paid off, so no car loan.

BUT - I might change my HELOC this summer and do some stuff on the house over the next couple of years

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 19 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No apps planned or intended for the indefinite future.

I think my first clue was when I couldn't find anything exciting!

At any rate, I'm just going to be an interested observer as the banks go through their fits.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.