cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

While I'm happy it wasn't a denial, 3k is a little small.  But hey, any help w/ UTIL is groovy.
Now, let's just hope I stay off the fecal charts of my other banking institutions. 
(Let the flogging begin!  lol)

Congratulations!!! US Bank is wonderful!! Don't worry about the initial CL, it will GROW with you!

BTW, I hit the JCP luv button yesterday and got zero..... I now humbly swear to not go near a luv button, an automated line, a credit analyst for at least the next year.....GEEZ, just a little self control PLEASE!!! ..... 

Thanks, I needed to hear that -- especially the 'grow' part!  Smiley Happy

Sorry about JCP.  GEMB is baffling, to say the least.  Good luck w/ the self control!  You can do it!

I'm hoping to check myself back into to the 'center' first thing tomorrow!  Smiley Wink

LOL LOL LOL.....I know I can, I know I can, I know I can.....

FYI, US Bank has also tightened up a bit...spoke with a rep in underwriting beg of January, CLI's are now every 6 mos; still a soft inq (internal history).

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 31 of 91
oracles
Valued Contributor

For '09 I'm just planning on FUTR.  The ONLY thing I'd put on my wish list is a Citi product.  That's going to have to wait until my reports look decent again.

Smiley Happy

Alrighty, I'm out.  (Gee, that was fast.)  For the past few days I've been staring at the USBank pre-approval I got in the mail.  After working on my 2009 budget and taking into consideration my goals, I realized I'm going to get killed in interest before I get this stuff paid off.  I also looked around to see who they pull in IN and it looks like TU -- my highest by 40 points.  Sure enough, they pulled TU.   (WHEW!)

So, I now have a BT card (5.99% until 2013 and 0% purchase APR for 12 months). 

"Thank you for choosing US BANK for your financial needs. Your U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a credit limit of $3,000.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 7.90%. The current APR is 12.40%. Your purchases can be signed by PEAS."
While I'm happy it wasn't a denial, 3k is a little small.  But hey, any help w/ UTIL is groovy.
Now, let's just hope I stay off the fecal charts of my other banking institutions. 
(Let the flogging begin!  lol)

Hey Peas, which card did you get?

Message 32 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

oracles wrote:

"Thank you for choosing US BANK for your financial needs. Your U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a credit limit of $3,000.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 7.90%. The current APR is 12.40%. Your purchases can be signed by PEAS."

Hey Peas, which card did you get?

Just the plain Jane Plat  -- no rewards.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 33 of 91
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I need to check in and NOW! Had a planned app spree last Summer when the BK hit 7 yrs and then an unplanned, stupid app spree before the holidays. Like so many others, now I have some accounts that really aren't helpful, way too many inquiries and have dropped one of my best factors, AAoA.

So, I'd like a soft bed, made-to-order breakfast and free wireless to keep up with my FICO forum buddies. But I will hold HTSU to her offer of tough love, maybe Suze-style HTSU smackdown every now and then!

Thanks in advance for a wonderful, inquiry-free 2009!

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 34 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

No apps for me this year.  I was app free for almost two years until this past August.  I don't NEED anymore credit, it is just fun to be approved!  I want to get my utilization down to under 10% and my student loan paid off. 

Message Edited by jedijennifer on 01-12-2009 02:45 PM
Message 35 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

jedijennifer wrote:

No apps for me this year.  I was app free for almost two years until this past August.  I don't NEED anymore credit, it is just fun to be approved!  I want to get my utilization down to under 10% and my student loan paid off. 

It's always great to start putting more value on approving your own actions than on approvals from lenders!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

For '09 I'm just planning on FUTR.  The ONLY thing I'd put on my wish list is a Citi product.  That's going to have to wait until my reports look decent again.

Smiley Happy

Alrighty, I'm out.  (Gee, that was fast.)  For the past few days I've been staring at the USBank pre-approval I got in the mail.  After working on my 2009 budget and taking into consideration my goals, I realized I'm going to get killed in interest before I get this stuff paid off.  I also looked around to see who they pull in IN and it looks like TU -- my highest by 40 points.  Sure enough, they pulled TU.   (WHEW!)

*sigh*

OK, everyone, I'm not going to carp, because this is the sort of app (and acceptance) that makes sense.

There is a role for new credit, when it's carefully thought out and makes financial sense. Credit is a tool, and you can't be afraid to use your tools, as long as you use them sensibly and with a reasonable amount of skill.

It's the people who are untrained in and scared of their brand-new chain saws, but use them anyway, who wind up spending Saturday afternoons in the ER!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 37 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

It's the people who are untrained in and scared of their brand-new chain saws, but use them anyway, who wind up spending Saturday afternoons in the ER!

As with Credit, it's the "juggling" that gets them every time. Great analogy, HTSU

Message 38 of 91
oracles
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Smiley Happy

*sigh*

OK, everyone, I'm not going to carp, because this is the sort of app (and acceptance) that makes sense.

There is a role for new credit, when it's carefully thought out and makes financial sense. Credit is a tool, and you can't be afraid to use your tools, as long as you use them sensibly and with a reasonable amount of skill.

Very well said HTSU

Message 39 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Smiley Happy

*sigh*

Thanks Mom.  Smiley Wink

(I was REALLY prepared to get a 'talkin to'!)

ETA:  Time to check back into the center.  Do I get my old room back?

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 01-12-2009 10:36 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 40 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.