cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

I am also avoiding asking for CLIs, as right now that is asking for trouble.  Smiley Happy

My Amex just had a birthday, as did my Chase.  But I am leaving them exactly where they are as regards CL!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I think my first clue was when I couldn't find anything exciting!

Exactly!

However dropping my mtg rate by 1.5% seems worth it to do the Streamline refi, but other than that I'm not seeing anything that tickles my credit fancy.

Of course, I've had an eventful 4 months or so --  CLIs from Old Navy, Discover, Cap1, opened an Amex Green and the Ikea card.  (What was I thinking?)

For '09 I'm just planning on FUTR.  The ONLY thing I'd put on my wish list is a Citi product.  That's going to have to wait until my reports look decent again.

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 22 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in!  I started rebuilding in Feb '08 with low 500 scores, a BK in 2000, three collections and a 52K tax lien.  In '08 I opened Credit One ($250 limit, used 3mo, now paid & closed), then HSBC ($500, used 5mo, paid & closed), Zales ($2500 limit, $1000 PIF x 5 mo, zero bal).  That qualified me for a new car via Toyota Financial (paid ahead 2 months).  Then a $2,400 Best Buy / HSBC (PIF in 3mo).  All that got me a $700 Juniper which is nearly maxed and PIF twice a month.  I just got a $1,000 Cap One rewards card which will PIF each month and opened an $1800 Kay's card for a Leo diamond necklace for the sig other for Xmas.  All in all, 12 inquiries in 2008.  My FICO report kept saying "not enough open credit" and "too many recent inquiries".  How to improve the former without increasing the latter?  Anyways,  EQ FICO at 691 and I'm not applying for NUTTIN', no way, no how, during 2009.  Like the little choo choo said... "I think I can... I THINK I can... I THINK I CAN!".    Smiley Very Happy   Cold turkey tastes GOOD.
Message 23 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

We'll be checking in about a month after we close. If all works out, our last app for the year will be either Lowes or Home Depot (DH has some remodeling in mind for the new house).

After about a year or so of NO apping, we plan on getting me my "Holy Grail" -- The Quilter's Rewards card from Junny. Not big shakes to you guys, I know. But considering how much I spend on fabric and quilty goodies, those rewards will work better for us than our Cap One rewards cards!! Smiley Happy

Oh and this is probably OT with this thread, but a while back I posted a thread on getting DH qual'ed for the new Government Travel Charge Card (now serviced by CitiBank). He's always had the "Restricted" card (low, low, low CL - $4K, which barely covered his plane tickets). I was panicking!! Citi has MUCH higher standards in allowing an Unrestricted card than BoA (the old servicer) did!!

But we found out, he's gotten the "Unrestricted" card and has a $7500 CL (standard for the DoD GTCC). They didn't hard him for it, they just softed him (dunno why).

All thanks to you guys!!! YAY for you guys!!! Hubby REALLY thanks you, too!!
Message 24 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not apping for anything new in 2009 (with exception of student loan for this semester and hoping to have my Macys reinstated once I pay them money I owe from 10 years ago, maybe)

Finally have all fico's 700 or above

Amex Blue 1000 cl/ 150 bal

Discover More 3000 cl/ 468 bal (xmas)

Amazon Visa 1250 cl/ 60 bal (from yesterday/ PIF friday)

Juniper MC 2500 cl/ 0 bal (got in November haven't used card yet)

GEMB MC 500 cl/ 0 bal (one of first to get while rebuilding)

No store cards.  Was hoping to get Macys back but owe them like 900 which has since been charged off and no longer reporting.

4 medical collections in dispute (2 due to fall off in Dec 09/ other 2 will be at 5 year mark in May 09 and thinking of paying just to have removed since I live in NY)

Plan to hold steady in 09' and enjoy my new peace of mind!

Message 25 of 91
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

I'm in!

No new apps/inqs until autumn of 2010 when I go for PenFed a second time.  Hopefully my car will live that long, so I can get financing with the same app if needed (hoping to save enough to pay cash).  Smiley Wink

Will not say no to hard-pull-free or auto CLIs, though.  (of course!)  Smiley Happy

(edited to change 2010 apping "season")

Message Edited by ma_fico on 01-08-2009 10:11 AM
Message 26 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

For '09 I'm just planning on FUTR.  The ONLY thing I'd put on my wish list is a Citi product.  That's going to have to wait until my reports look decent again.

Smiley Happy

Alrighty, I'm out.  (Gee, that was fast.)  For the past few days I've been staring at the USBank pre-approval I got in the mail.  After working on my 2009 budget and taking into consideration my goals, I realized I'm going to get killed in interest before I get this stuff paid off.  I also looked around to see who they pull in IN and it looks like TU -- my highest by 40 points.  Sure enough, they pulled TU.   (WHEW!)

So, I now have a BT card (5.99% until 2013 and 0% purchase APR for 12 months). 

"Thank you for choosing US BANK for your financial needs. Your U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a credit limit of $3,000.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 7.90%. The current APR is 12.40%. Your purchases can be signed by PEAS."
While I'm happy it wasn't a denial, 3k is a little small.  But hey, any help w/ UTIL is groovy.
Now, let's just hope I stay off the fecal charts of my other banking institutions. 
(Let the flogging begin!  lol)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 27 of 91
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
While I'm happy it wasn't a denial, 3k is a little small.  But hey, any help w/ UTIL is groovy.
Now, let's just hope I stay off the fecal charts of my other banking institutions. 

Congratulations!!! US Bank is wonderful!! Don't worry about the initial CL, it will GROW with you!

BTW, I hit the JCP luv button yesterday and got zero..... I now humbly swear to not go near a luv button, an automated line, a credit analyst for at least the next year.....GEEZ, just a little self control PLEASE!!! ..... 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 28 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

ocheosa wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Congratulations!!! US Bank is wonderful!! Don't worry about the initial CL, it will GROW with you!

BTW, I hit the JCP luv button yesterday and got zero..... I now humbly swear to not go near a luv button, an automated line, a credit analyst for at least the next year.....GEEZ, just a little self control PLEASE!!! ..... 

Thanks, I needed to hear that -- especially the 'grow' part!  Smiley Happy

Sorry about JCP.  GEMB is baffling, to say the least.  Good luck w/ the self control!  You can do it!

I'm hoping to check myself back into to the 'center' first thing tomorrow!  Smiley Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 29 of 91
oracles
Valued Contributor

Congrats Peas, I too want an US bank card but i want the Penfed card first, so i am not apping for awhile.
Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.