Did you mean: 

The AMEX Happy Dance Continues

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: The AMEX Happy Dance Continues

Congrats! Focused!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Congrats!    Getting more Amex cards immediately negates the advantage of backdating.

How so, if they're all backdated to 1990?

Sorry, never saw a reference to 1990.  Thought by all your excitement, that you had just lost your amex virginity.

LOL!  Nope,  lost it many, many moons ago.

Message 12 of 29
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Can't wait for my 61 day CLI Smiley Happy

Question: where do you find out your APR? I've been looking everywhere for it on the website.

Edit: nevermind, found it. 17.99%

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Question: where do you find out your APR? I've been looking everywhere for it on the website.

It would be in the literature that was mailed to you with the card. If you've already had a statement close, it will show up at the bottom of the statement. I couldn't find it anywhere on the website until I got my first statement.

edit:  glad you found it, lol

Message 14 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Congrats!    Getting more Amex cards immediately negates the advantage of backdating.

Sorry, never saw a reference to 1990.  Thought by all your excitement, that you had just lost your amex virginity.

And even if the card is the first Amex, getting others now doesn't really negate backdating.     THere won't be a sudden AAoA jump as when you get a new backdated, card, but the AAoA will be exactly the same, just two old cards you have had all the time, rather than one old and one new-that-appears-to-be-old

Message 15 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I found mine by logging into the account and clicking the expand (+) button. There you will see "Account Management"  on the righthand side of the page. Card Agreement is listed under that section.

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

It would be in the literature that was mailed to you with the card. If you've already had a statement close, it will show up at the bottom of the statement. I couldn't find it anywhere on the website until I got my first statement.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found mine by logging into the account and clicking the expand (+) button. There you will see "Account Management"  on the righthand side of the page. Card Agreement is listed under that section.

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Thanks Focused, I see the agreement now.

As an aside, I received my statement credit and year of prime today after only 32 days.

Message 17 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

IM sure they did not know you had 24 year backdating. lol

i think that person thinks you are a noob to the game of amex. but since you are back. with that kind of time. it does not matter which month you back too. your AAOA will rock no matter what. probably max out the catagory on your score. congrats.

Message 18 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Thanks Focused, I see the agreement now.

As an aside, I received my statement credit and year of prime today after only 32 days.

Glad you found it.

I paid a lot of things off/early in December, so I may not hit the $1K spend until Feb.  I remember they were fast with the 50K points on DD's PRG.

I'm really going to enjoy being back with AMEX.Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

IM sure they did not know you had 24 year backdating. lol

i think that person thinks you are a noob to the game of amex. but since you are back. with that kind of time. it does not matter which month you back too. your AAOA will rock no matter what. probably max out the catagory on your score. congrats.

The confusion was cleared up, and thank you.Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.