Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Annual Fees are coming!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Annual Fees are coming!

You really intend to keep Venture? There's nothing wrong with just wanting bonuses, but it seems a bit superfluous alongside your Chase cards.

That is, an ongoing Hyatt guest can reasonably treat Chase Hyatt as a 2%+ card.

Is it a utilization thing?

Message 11 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

In fairness, we know about the fees when applying. Saying you got slapped with a fee makes it sound like its random or unfair.  If they make sense, keep the cards. If not, dont. Not too much else to say about it.

I think you know what I meant when I said I got slapped with the fees.. I knew exactly what I was getting into when applying for the cards and the AF's are part of the business to have the cards I desire.  I can afford them easily, just don't enjoy paying them is all Smiley Happy.. I don't think anyone enjoys paying AF's, but they do!  Thread was more of a light hearted joke more than anything.  Just wish they were spread out every 2 months, but bonuses don't quite seem to work that way for the cards I have applied for.

+1

Message 12 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

In fairness, we know about the fees when applying. Saying you got slapped with a fee makes it sound like its random or unfair.  If they make sense, keep the cards. If not, dont. Not too much else to say about it.

I think you know what I meant when I said I got slapped with the fees.. I knew exactly what I was getting into when applying for the cards and the AF's are part of the business to have the cards I desire.  I can afford them easily, just don't enjoy paying them is all Smiley Happy.. I don't think anyone enjoys paying AF's, but they do!  Thread was more of a light hearted joke more than anything.  Just wish they were spread out every 2 months, but bonuses don't quite seem to work that way for the cards I have applied for.

I'd feel better about the fees if they (1) earned rewards, and (2) counted towards the min spend requirment for a bonus!

With regards to point #1 that honestly makes sense, you think they would give you in say case of CSP 95 in UR's since you just paid $95 dollars, not going to kill them lol!  Also #2 is a good idea as well..  Every year they should hang a bit of a carrot in front of you to keep the card, not near the initial sign-up bonus, but something as it would be good for both the consumer and of course the bank being less people cancel when the AF's come around!

Message 13 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CC...
I only have 1 AF card, and thats the Venture ($28k cl). The fee $59...thats pocket change compared to what some of you pay, LOL!! Plus, next year, when I combine again for my 2nd and last time with Cap1, Ill be even more happy to pay it...(will be a $47k cl at that point) Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You really intend to keep Venture? There's nothing wrong with just wanting bonuses, but it seems a bit superfluous alongside your Chase cards.

That is, an ongoing Hyatt guest can reasonably treat Chase Hyatt as a 2%+ card.

Is it a utilization thing?

Oh no the venture is rolling into my Cap1 QS card come january/fed when it hits 6 months that is 15-16 years old with an apr of 11%.. Smiley Happy  

Nah I have $200 in total carrying on my CC's I coud pay it off in a blink of an eye or a keystoke, just do it to show a bit of utilization.   My goal is to have 6 cards with 30k+ limits on each within 2 years or less and one of those cards with be Cap1 and that will happen in Jan/Feb when I combine limits.  I can do that with Chase as well now, but see value in all three of the cards I currently have.

Message 15 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
CC...
I only have 1 AF card, and thats the Venture ($28k cl). The fee $59...thats pocket change compared to what some of you pay, LOL!! Plus, next year, when I combine again for my 2nd and last time with Cap1, Ill be even more happy to pay it...(will be a $47k cl at that point) Smiley Wink

Small price to pay for a 47k CL for sure!  $59 for most people that have credit cards is small change or so it should be.  I never carry balances other then 100-200 and the interest is so trivial on that.  I bet some people that have no AF CC's are paying probably more in interest than I pay in AF's a year due to them carrying big balances.. That kinda makes you think doesn't itSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
CC...

Small price to pay for a 47k CL for sure!  $59 for most people that have credit cards is small change or so it should be.  I never carry balances other then 100-200 and the interest is so trivial on that.  I bet some people that have no AF CC's are paying probably more in interest than I pay in AF's a year due to them carrying big balances.. That kinda makes you think doesn't itSmiley Happy

A more relevant comparison would be:

Rewards and perks from AF cards - AFs vs. Rewards from no-AF cards.

I could get a dozen First Premier cards and pay less in AFs than someone who goes into debt after losing a job pays in interest on balances. (See, such a statement is meaningless outside of a practical context).

Message 17 of 39
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think the "more people with no AF cards pay more in interest, so my AFs make sense" is way too general of a statement to have much real meaning. Plenty of people with no AF cards never pay interest, and plenty with fees do pay interest.

You dont need to make generalizations to justify your fees to yourself...if they make sense for you, then thats great, but making blanket statements isnt necessary IMO.
Message 18 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
CC...
I only have 1 AF card, andthats the Venture ($28k cl). The fee $59...thats pocket change compared to what some of you pay,LOL!! Plus, next year, when I combine again for my2nd and last time withCap1, Ill be even more happy to pay it...(will be a $47k cl at that point) Smiley Wink

A more relevant comparison would be:

Rewards and perks from AF cards - AFs vs. Rewards from no-AF cards.

I could get a dozen First Premier cards and pay less in AFs than someone who goes into debt after losing a job pays in interest on balances. (See, such a statement is meaningless outside of a practical context).

Good point and point taken..  Some unforeseen stuff happens in life as it has happened to me before and many others!  Hence why I am personally on MyFico. 

Message 19 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
I think the "more people with no AF cards pay more in interest, so my AFs make sense" is way too general of a statement to have much real meaning. Plenty of people with no AF cards never pay interest, and plenty with fees do pay interest.

You dont need to make generalizations to justify your fees to yourself...if they make sense for you, then thats great, but making blanket statements isnt necessary IMO.

I agree it was a blanket statement.. Alot of people with AF / no AF cards either pay interest or don't pay interest.  Wasn't trying to jusitfy my AF's to myself, just something to put it into perspective is what I was trying to accomplish and probably could of done it in a better way so people don't take it the wrong way.  I for one had a hard time in my life 4 years ago hence rebuiding, thus MyFico, etc..  Guess I should be thankful for where I am in life now and can afford said AF's for the benefits they bring to me.  

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.