cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CC company doesn't investigate the dispute?

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: The CC company doesn't investigate the dispute?

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I investigate the chargebacks for my employer, the money is taken from our account and credited back to the user/consumer/cardholder as soon as they initiate a dispute with their CC company. We (I) have 15 days to provide any and all documenation proving authorization of services was properly obtained - including copies of the electronic CC authorization though the cashiering process. If we don't, we are out the money, otherwise the chargeback is reversed in our favor. Only 1 in maybe 50 of my chargebacks are valid (fraudulent purchases), the rest are buyer's remorse which is not grounds for a chargeback for the services provided (electronic delivery credit monitoring/scores). 

Does your employer accept Amex?  At my previous job, I also took care of chargebacks.  We had very few of them in the 5 years I worked there and all but the the ones from Amex were in our favor - I think there were 2 of them.   In the almost 2 years I have owned my own business, I haven't had any chargebacks (knock on wood).

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 11 of 13
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card and Chargeback rights. Where you used a credit card or debit card to fund a PayPal purchase, your card issuer may also offer a program under which you may be able to recover your payment. You can choose to file a dispute through our Online Dispute Resolution Centre and escalate the dispute into a claim under the Buyer Complaint Policy or you can choose to exercise your chargeback rights directly with your credit or debit card company. However, you cannot pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you initiate a dispute through the PayPal Online Dispute Resolution Centre and you then also file a chargeback directly with your credit card company/card issuer, PayPal will cancel your dispute or claim, and you will have to rely solely on any chargeback rights which you may have. If you receive payments from both PayPal and a card issuer, PayPal reserves the right to recover any payment it has made under this policy.

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside

EDIT: ...nevermind i just seen that you posted that ebay/paypal denied your dispute.

Message 12 of 13
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I investigate the chargebacks for my employer, the money is taken from our account and credited back to the user/consumer/cardholder as soon as they initiate a dispute with their CC company. We (I) have 15 days to provide any and all documenation proving authorization of services was properly obtained - including copies of the electronic CC authorization though the cashiering process. If we don't, we are out the money, otherwise the chargeback is reversed in our favor. Only 1 in maybe 50 of my chargebacks are valid (fraudulent purchases), the rest are buyer's remorse which is not grounds for a chargeback for the services provided (electronic delivery credit monitoring/scores). 

Does your employer accept Amex?  At my previous job, I also took care of chargebacks.  We had very few of them in the 5 years I worked there and all but the the ones from Amex were in our favor - I think there were 2 of them.   In the almost 2 years I have owned my own business, I haven't had any chargebacks (knock on wood).

Yes, Amex, Visa, MC & Discover. The only ones I haven't received the funds back are the ones I found were fraud and didn't fight.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.