Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

@12njoy wrote:

@@xXIDaShizIXx,

Based on my conversation, it would appear that you haven't been denied because the credit department told me it didn't give her a decision.  Now she could have not wanted to deal with an angry customer (not that I am) and just gave me the line to get me off the phone, but I think there is no decision and it requires a manual review in my case.  This is most likely due to 15 month old CO.  In your case, maybe they don't need to verify information because you have no negatives.

So do you think I should just call them back at the end of the week if I haven't received anything?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 91 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

Based on my denial from last year, they will know usually in 2-3 days of a decision.  I would say they would know either way by Wed.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 92 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Based on my denial from last year, they will know usually in 2-3 days of a decision.  I would say they would know either way by Wed.

So if they don't ask for verification I should be golden? I don't have any negatives on experian or equifax.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 93 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

I don't know what the verification process means.  I know that on the master Duck thread, a number of people were asked to verify two accounts and address.  This definitely, in my opinion, is not a decider on a decision.  I got the verification and was still denied, so I wouldn't hang my hat on the fact that they didn't ask you for verification.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 94 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I don't know what the verification process means.  I know that on the master Duck thread, a number of people were asked to verify two accounts and address.  This definitely, in my opinion, is not a decider on a decision.  I got the verification and was still denied, so I wouldn't hang my hat on the fact that they didn't ask you for verification.

Well crap now this is going to eat at me at least until Wednesday.

Message 95 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

I know.  As having been where you are now, there are no words I can say to make the wait any easier.  If I didn't have the credit I have now, I would definitely be there with you.  Whatever happens is going to happen and we'll both have to just wait it out. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 96 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I know.  As having been where you are now, there are no words I can say to make the wait any easier.  If I didn't have the credit I have now, I would definitely be there with you.  Whatever happens is going to happen and we'll both have to just wait it out. 

So in case that this doesn't work out should I add money to my capital one card? It has a $500.00 limit on it right now, but I just don't want to keep throwing money at secured cards you know?

Message 97 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

Have you thought about joining a local credit union?  I don't know that I would sink more money into Crap One myself considering that they are fairly new.  A credit union may allow you to obtain a secured and/or unsecured card.  Even if it's only a secured card, they will most likely be more apt to refund your security faster than Crap One.  That's just my opinion, but I'm no expert now.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 98 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Have you thought about joining a local credit union?  I don't know that I would sink more money into Crap One myself considering that they are fairly new.  A credit union may allow you to obtain a secured and/or unsecured card.  Even if it's only a secured card, they will most likely be more apt to refund your security faster than Crap One.  That's just my opinion, but I'm no expert now.

Yeah, I have tried and they offered me $500 line of secured credit, and if I was going to go with that I would just go with my bank which I have been with for 3 years you know?

Message 99 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

Either way, I woud do one of those options before investigating more with Crap One.  How is your banking relationship with your bank?  If it's good I would go with them.  The thing to remember is that it is going to take time.  I know that is not something that you want to hear (I still have a ways to go and hate hearing it myself), but that is the one sure way that your credit profile will get better.  I started in March 2012 and just really starting getting the credit in my siggy in July 2013.  Now I did the whole PIF the entire time and have continued with that practice.  Are you familiar with Bluebird?  This would be a great option to use to show PIF. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 100 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.