Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

@12njoy wrote:

You might, but I will probably not due to a 15 month old paid baddie.  If I don't get approved, it's time for me to throw in the towel because November is a long time away and I have other cards that will likely grow beyond what I could potentially get from the Duck card in November (i.e. Amex and USAA). 

Hey you never know, let me know the results once you talk to them?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 61 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

I just called and was told the same thing you were to call back on Monday with the credit department is open.  This is a little different when I wad denied the last time.  Then I called in and they verified some information on credit report and said that they were forwarding the application to the credit department for further processing.  This doesn't sound promising as I believe MJourney said earlier.  If not, this is my last app for the Duck card.  It just might not be meant to be for me. I will call Monday and surely post any information.Man Indifferent

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 62 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I agree. For some strange reason the wait for the decision when it's not instant approval can be painful. No exaggeration intended.
Message 63 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7,

I expect a denial in my case, so an approval would be welcome news.  All the accounts in my siggy 9, except Barclays and Michael Tire, were opened since July 2013.  I also closed two secured cards at $5,000 each with 20 and 21 months of PIF history.  I think it'll come down to the 15 month baddie.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 64 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Weekend waits are the worse. Added to that for me was Christmas Holiday.

Hopefully they'll pull you through.
Message 65 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7,

I actually don't mind the wait.  I pulled in an extra $19,000 in credit this past weekend which is not reporting yet.  We'll see what happens next week.  If I don't get it, I at least hope the OP gets one.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 66 of 255
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditMagic7,

I actually don't mind the wait.  I pulled in an extra $19,000 in credit this past weekend which is not reporting yet.  We'll see what happens next week.  If I don't get it, I at least hope the OP gets one.

If you believe it will be denied then it will be. Believe and act like you have already been approved and have possession of the card and you may very well be surpised. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6

Thanks for the support.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 68 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditMagic7,

I hope I do too lol! We will see, the wait will be killer, but I'm working some long shifts for the next two days so hopefully itll take my mind off of it until monday.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 69 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

It's the new year and hopefully the continuance of a great start for us both.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 70 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.