Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Five Worst Credit Cards on Planet Earth...And Why

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: The Five Worst Credit Cards on Planet Earth...And Why

fused111 wrote:
sPAM IS kInG! I love it cooked anyway but it's best fried for breakfast with eggs and rice or make fried rice with SpAM!

Monty Python anyone?   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got screwed over by Chase.  I have three cards with them with total CL $32K, $28K balance.  APRs were 6.99% on 2 of them and 7.9% on the third.  Last month the rates skyrocketed (6.99% went to 26.99% and 7.9% went to 28.99%).  I called them after the doctor brought me out of shock.  It seems that even though I have never been late in over ten years with them they feel justified in doing this because one of my automatic payments thru the bank was one day late.  They would not budge.  The new minimum payments went from a bit under $600 combined to over $1200.  Lucky for me I had two B of America cards with $25K CL just waiting, one with 3.9% transfer and the other with 5.9% transfer.  Just paid Chase of with the BOA transfer checks directly just to piss them off.  I will keep them open but shred the cards and never use the accounts again.
Message 12 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

indebtuptomyass wrote:
Just got screwed over by Chase.  I have three cards with them with total CL $32K, $28K balance.  APRs were 6.99% on 2 of them and 7.9% on the third.  Last month the rates skyrocketed (6.99% went to 26.99% and 7.9% went to 28.99%).  I called them after the doctor brought me out of shock.  It seems that even though I have never been late in over ten years with them they feel justified in doing this because one of my automatic payments thru the bank was one day late.  They would not budge.  The new minimum payments went from a bit under $600 combined to over $1200.  Lucky for me I had two B of America cards with $25K CL just waiting, one with 3.9% transfer and the other with 5.9% transfer.  Just paid Chase of with the BOA transfer checks directly just to piss them off.  I will keep them open but shred the cards and never use the accounts again.

Having them by the britches has to feel good...Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

indebtuptomyass wrote:

Just goes to show that, anytime your utilization gets high, you make yourself a prime target for ratejacking.  I guarantee you a piece of software somewhere calculated how much more interest the CC would make on $28K at 27% versus 9% and their computer began to drool.
Message 14 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase figures out a way to screw us at least once a month...glad to know you got them back!!!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyUnfortunately, they'll keep screwing everyone else!!
Message 15 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got screwed over by Chase. I have three cards with them with total CL $32K, $28K balance. APRs were 6.99% on 2 of them and 7.9% on the third. Last month the rates skyrocketed (6.99% went to 26.99% and 7.9% went to 28.99%). I called them after the doctor brought me out of shock. It seems that even though I have never been late in over ten years with them they feel justified in doing this because one of my automatic payments thru the bank was one day late. They would not budge. The new minimum payments went from a bit under $600 combined to over $1200. Lucky for me I had two B of America cards with $25K CL just waiting, one with 3.9% transfer and the other with 5.9% transfer. Just paid Chase of with the BOA transfer checks directly just to piss them off. I will keep them open but shred the cards and never use the accounts again.

That was exactly why I got rid of them.
Message 16 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 17 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why ??

Man Surprised

I never had a bad experience with AMEX.  In fact, everytime I have paid for something using my card, including your deeply hated Amex Delta or Black, they have always been there, backing up the quality of merchandise or service.  On vacation, there was a problem with the hotel, which I thankfully paid for with AMEX, and they told the hotel that unless the problems were fixed, the hotel itself would have problems collecting payment from them because of a customer dispute.

" BTW...I am new to the forum.  Hello to all...I hope I can contribute as well as learn a few new tricks here. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by centurionholder on 08-02-2007 02:44 PM
Message 18 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why ??

Well since you have Black then most likely immune to FR's

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 08-02-2007 02:55 PM
Message 19 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why ??

I am sure they had enough financial history on me before them.  I had undergone a FR with them way back when during the Green and Gold card period of my life.  Once you have hit platinum, your pretty much set from FR problems, unless you are going to spend an incredible amount of money that is out of bounds with your usual MO.  Even Centurion holders will hit a limit, when AMEX will actually stop a charge for further review, and may even request another CRA report or personal financial info.  Noone is totally safe, however, with AMEX, you will always have someone backing you up when dealing with business transactions, provided you use the card.

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.