cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Five Worst Credit Cards on Planet Earth...And Why

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One - Formerly FNB Marin - What a SCAM!!!!

Does you bank have online bill pay?

I agree 100% about the payment scam at CreditOne.

Last year my Mortgage company wised up to this and killed off their pay by phone and online payment fees.

WAFICOwatcher wrote:
I have not been late with a payment for 7 years - There are a couple of zombie debts that snuck back in, and are still killing my credit report, but everything else has been payed exactly on time.  I go online 2x per month, and check every single one of my accounts to make sure they're paid on time.

Credit One is the only account I have that has an online payment fee.  The reason everyone implemented online payments is that it costs $1-$3 to process every mail payment, and next to nothing to process online payments.  So it costs less, and helps banks stay profitable.  Credit One makes extra money for something that costs them less, because they know they can charge for the convenience.

So what did they recently do to even further #$%$% customers?  Instead of charging the annual fee annually, they now charge it monthly.  So if you're paying via the online payment process, you get charged $5.95 every month to pay the $7 monthly installment to the annual fee.

Sure I can pay by mail, but that's taking the chance that I'll forget (and have to pay a late fee), and is much less convenient.  so I'm paying $59.40 every year to pay off the $84 annual fee. Smiley Mad

As soon as I get my mortgage, that card's being cancelled....   Immediately!!!

Message 41 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that idea Timothy.  Unfortunately Wells charges a fee for their bill pay service - although I can get my account upgraded to qualify for free bill pay....   I'll have to run in and do that.

I've been using CheckFree, but for some reason they don't/can't pay CreditOne.
Message 42 of 59
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Or i have another opinion which is why do not you just pay in advance to cover their fees for the next 3 or 6 months ,and that's what i did when i had an account with first premier bank at least you do not have to worry about it ,and you have a credit with them .  Smiley Wink
Message 43 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more reason I hate Wells.
Good luck-

WAFICOwatcher wrote:
Thanks for that idea Timothy.  Unfortunately Wells charges a fee for their bill pay service - although I can get my account upgraded to qualify for free bill pay....   I'll have to run in and do that.

I've been using CheckFree, but for some reason they don't/can't pay CreditOne.

Message 44 of 59
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Re: The Five Worst Credit Cards on Planet Earth...And Why

THESE ARE MY 2

APPLIED CARD
CORTRUST

EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 45 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea - but again, CreditOne messes with you...

I would have done that but their online system only lets you pay up to the amount due on your card + the processing fee.

They really have the added revenue stream down to a science!  Smiley Sad
Message 46 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good idea - but again, CreditOne messes with you...

For me, I really get bothered by:

-Clout ViSA
-anything GEMB backed
-and WaMu (they havy sub-par CS and their rates are terrible)

Message 47 of 59
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

WAFICOwatcher   i have another opinion for you what about if you send money order to cover their fees for the next 3 to 6 months ? At least it's going to save you something .
if you say you can not do that then go to plan B   i have done it so many times ,and it's really work  .( try to parched anything just to cover their fees for a while & use their lousy card,then make your payment on time after this transaction is clear ( take it back ,and ask cashier to put a credit to your card )  .   Now you have a credit with them .
i hope this will work with you .  Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Creditdream - If I were keeping the card any longer that would take care of it (assuming they would actually take the payment, and not send it back! Smiley Wink).  As it is, I really don't need as many cards as I have, so once I get my mortgage finalized it will be time to cancel 2-3 cards - and this will definitely be one of them!  Thanks for the suggestions!

Message Edited by WAFICOwatcher on 01-23-2008 06:10 PM
Message 49 of 59
123jv

Re: The Five Worst Credit Cards on Planet Earth...And Why

FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA

I recenty got this card with a low credit limit. visa platinum edition no rewards 1,000 cli ,Smiley Indifferent i would say this one is by far the worst card.. all my other creditors that i have 4,000 and up credit limits Smiley Mad

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.