Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GECRB funny of the day

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

The GECRB funny of the day

In today's mail a letter arrived from GE Capital Retail Bank addressed to my husband, stating that he had applied for an Ikea card and they regret that they cannot approve it because (fill in the usual 3 or 4 bogus reasons.)  It was a standard letter the likes of which many of us have seen from applications or CLI requests.  Not a big deal, right?

But reading more closely, it said, "On 6/22/2010 you applied for an IKEA credit account...."

It also says that his score is 070 on a scale of 000 to 999.  And the TU score was pulled on 6/22/2010, also.  I hope his score has improved since then.

You think they have a backlog in their mail system?  The letter was dated July 20, 2012 (yesterday - the mail moves fast, huh?  Moving from Orlando to Baltimore?)

Oh wait - I just read more closely.  They said they realize they sent a letter back in 2010, but they incorrectly stated the bogus reasons for the denial, so they had to set the record straight and list the "real" reasons now.  Wow!  Is someone being paid to correct these??  They invited him to consider reapplying if he has not obtained an IKEA card since then.  HA !!!!!!

LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: The GECRB funny of the day

AFAIK IKEA dumped their credit card awhile ago.......I may be wrong.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Interesting!  I looked on the IKEA site and current card holders can log in, and it says the card is managed by GECRB.  But when I looked on the web for a link to apply for a card, it is a Citi application!

*edit:  The Citi application is on the Canada Ikea site.  The U.S. Ikea site has no link to apply for a card.  Maybe the manage existing accounts but don't take applications for new ones.  I know he does not want one now but it's a real hoot if they encouraged him to apply for a card again, when there is no way to do so.

Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:
AFAIK IKEA dumped their credit card awhile ago.......I may be wrong.

I remember reading that a while back. Too funny that the OP is just getting this now!!! Smiley LOL

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm interested to know, if its GE I might bite on that later.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

LS:  see my edit.  I realized that the Citi application is only on the Canadian site, and the U.S. site gives no link to apply for a card, only to manage an existing one.

Mega Contributor

I figured it was an error. I was at IKEA like 3 weeks ago and they didn't offer any apps when I asked.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I figured it was an error. I was at IKEA like 3 weeks ago and they didn't offer any apps when I asked.

You ASKED for an app 3 weeks ago?????????

Smiley Surprised

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

No, I was curious to see who they were backed by. (Awkward silence...........)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I received this letter today regarding my Lowes credit app from 4/20/10.  

The only thing they corrected on it was the Too Many Inquiries reason, which was very accurate (I went on an app spree that week).  

My internal GE score at the time...110 on a scale of 000 to 999.  

They invited me to reapply as well...I think I'll pass!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.