Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New 5% on Everything Card

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

The New 5% on Everything Card

The GM Card from CapOne!

The only catch? "Use your Earnings toward over 30 eligible, new (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac) vehicles."

LOLZ. Useless for me, but perhaps useful for other people looking to save up for a car. I can't help but think that even 5% won't make a dent in the price of a vehicle unless you are putting major, major spend through it though.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: The New 5% on Everything Card

@sengpatt wrote:

The GM Card from CapOne!

The only catch? "Use your Earnings toward over 30 eligible, new (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac) vehicles."

LOLZ. Useless for me, but perhaps useful for other people looking to save up for a car. I can't help but think that even 5% won't make a dent in the price of a vehicle unless you are putting major, major spend through it though.

Incoming free cars for VR users. Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 21
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't purchase an American made car if my life depended on it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

lol same here, but it's just my personal preference.

Got to give Ford credit for coming up with cars that are really competitive against the Japanese counterparts.

Can't complain though if the car is free <_<

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 21
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

You got me all excited Smiley Sad
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 5 of 21
Haroon
New Contributor

There's max redemption of about 1500-3000 or so depending on the car, and apparently it's not 5% on everything so it's pretty lame.
Message 6 of 21
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

lol same here, but it's just my personal preference.

Got to give Ford credit for coming up with cars that are really competitive against the Japanese counterparts.

Can't complain though if the car is free <_<

I will admit, they've improved over the past few years (GM included, although I can't say the same about Chrysler). I laugh every time I see someone driving a 300c.

Like you though it's still not my thing (nor my style), but I'm sure their cars work for many.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

Korean manufacturers improved a lot too. I was pretty surprised when i saw some of the new vehicles they rolled out.

Message 8 of 21
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Korean manufacturers improved a lot too. I was pretty surprised when i saw some of the new vehicles they rolled out.

They're improving a lot of things, not just their cars. They've taken a decent-sized chunk of the Japanese marketshare in regards to electronics, etc.

Years ago people used to laugh at Japanese cars since they were known to be junk, always breaking down, etc. Then they picked up their game, and people thought the same thing about Korean cars. They've also done the same, so like before we're just moving to the next one down the line.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 9 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

O yea forgot about their electronics industry. Samsung and LG are just dominating certain markets completely. 

Not to forget, Korean entertainment industry is growing fast too! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.