Did you mean: 

The ONLY Card You'll Ever Need !!

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: The ONLY Card You'll Ever Need !!

@-Cal- wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Tech support said that an update will be sent to those that currently have it. And in a few weeks when it's finalized, all new units will already be EMV compatible. 

Sounds like this update could be vaporware. 

I like how their FAQ dances around EMV:

I just received a new EMV card, will it work with Wocket?
If your card has a magnetic stripe, lock it in your Wocket and swipe away!

Seems like a useful device, I would prefer a single card that is tethered to a smartphone so I can use my own wallet. 

Hope your battery on your phone doesn't die while your checking out... Lmao

Message 41 of 85
baller4life
Super Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Tech support said that an update will be sent to those that currently have it. And in a few weeks when it's finalized, all new units will already be EMV compatible. 

Seems like a useful device, I would prefer a single card that is tethered to a smartphone so I can use my own wallet. 

Well in that case Plastc will probably work better for you. Everything isn't for everybody. 

Message 42 of 85
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am one of the first to embrace technology but I do not have enough trust in e-wallet oriented technology.  I do not care of any convenience it adds (and to me it's minimal anyway).  With everything going cloud-based I'll happily keep using my physical cards.

Count me in. I do not trust inputting card information into my phone or an e-wallet etc.

Now for those like creditaddict with 95 cards I'm sure this is of huge benefit but if you're only carrying a small number, I think physical cards are just as easy

Message 43 of 85
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am one of the first to embrace technology but I do not have enough trust in e-wallet oriented technology.  I do not care of any convenience it adds (and to me it's minimal anyway).  With everything going cloud-based I'll happily keep using my physical cards.

Count me in. I do not trust inputting card information into my phone or an e-wallet etc.

Now for those like creditaddict with 95 cards I'm sure this is of huge benefit but if you're only carrying a small number, I think physical cards are just as easy

I'm with you two -- I will NEVER use my phone to pay for a transaction. I think it's fine for others if that's how they want to do it, but I will not do it. 

The thing is, -most- people only have 3-4 cards (I thought the average was like 3.75 cards per consumer for CC holders or something like that); to me, I can easily fit my three cards in my wallet and I think that goes for most people. I think these sorts of products target those who either really really want the convenience or think it's safer. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 44 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put a chip in my hand already

Message 45 of 85
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Hope your battery on your phone doesn't die while your checking out... Lmao

I think I'm good there, my phone has never died on me. I always have access to chargers while at home and it charges in the car on the way to any destinations. Something like the Stratos Card minus any annual membership fee and guaranteed support of EMV would be the best device in my personal opinion. 

Message 46 of 85
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Well in that case Plastc will probably work better for you. Everything isn't for everybody. 

Yep, I'm definitely sticking to plastic until my personal requirements are met. 

Message 47 of 85
baller4life
Super Contributor

No Cal. Plastc is the name of a smart card. It's an actual card you put in your wallet. You said you want to use your own wallet.
Message 48 of 85
rlx01
Established Contributor

There is no way this is going to support EMV.

The entire point of EMV is that a card can't be cloned. This card is just cloning magstripe data.

Not happening. No matter what they say.
Message 49 of 85
rlx01
Established Contributor

And yes, as soon as a merchant turns on service code enforcement, this card will no longer work at that merchant if the cloned card came with a chip.
Message 50 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.