Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Secret to BOA CLI??

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

The Secret to BOA CLI??

Has anyone gotten a CLI on their BOA cash rewards card with old baddies? I have old student loan lates (120+ days) that fall of next year. I was approved for the card Nov 2019 for 2K while obv still having those on my profile. But they refuse to give me a CLI. The reasons state serious delinquency. 

Are they really gonna make me wait another year until those fall off??

8 REPLIES 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: The Secret to BOA CLI??

Knowing BoA ..ProbablySmiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

That's really annoying

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Understand annoying .. right now lenders are tightening purse strings, for the most part.

Message 4 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Yeah I get it. 

Message 5 of 9
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

It might also help your case if you have an investment or depository account/s with them. 
IME our 20 year checking and savings relationship helped me in my apps with BoA. To think that I burned them gravely in my BK7 (still reporting).
They haven't turned me down on my last few apps with them. It's been almost a year now since my last CLI and I have no more intention of asking for more as my CL is already way more than what I need! 
Good Luck!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@JR_TX  , I do have a checking & savings acct with them. That's what lead to me applying for the card bcthey kept offering me a card through the app when I would log in. You think the amount in the savings plays a role? They're not my only bank so maybe if transfer some more money into their acct?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Has anyone gotten a CLI on their BOA cash rewards card with old baddies? I have old student loan lates (120+ days) that fall of next year. I was approved for the card Nov 2019 for 2K while obv still having those on my profile. But they refuse to give me a CLI. The reasons state serious delinquency. 

Are they really gonna make me wait another year until those fall off??

Sounds exactly like BOA. I was approved for 2 of their cards with old student loan lates on my report. Whenever, I applied for a CLI, I was always instantly declined. I technically don't use their cards as much to justify an increase but my scores improved greatly.

Ironically, I finally got approved for their Premium Rewards card last week after 3 years worth of denials of CLIs and declined credit cards. Of course, they did take 3200$ of my Cash Rewards limit to give me a total of 8k for that card. In other words, they gave me 4800 more credit than I already had.

Message 8 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@Anonymous , Do you still have the lates? I'm wondering if I wait til they fall off of they'll increase me....idk. The only other card from them I'd want it the travel but I really don't need it right now. Thanks for the input! Helpful to know it's not just me 😄

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.