Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sleigh Center is a dump- Welcome to the new Concorduser Center

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Sleigh Center is a dump- Welcome to the new Concorduser Center

scapegrace13 wrote:
Peas, we might be doing Ducky a favor by locking him up in here, next time he visits - check out his post on the Credit Addictions thread. Smiley Wink

Whatcha think - have the men in the white coats on standby for him? Smiley Very Happy

time to register a new screen name i see. crud, i really like this one too. maybe imnotducky?
Message 171 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

scapegrace13 wrote:
Peas, we might be doing Ducky a favor by locking him up in here, next time he visits - check out his post on the Credit Addictions thread. Smiley Wink

Whatcha think - have the men in the white coats on standby for him? Smiley Very Happy

Well at least we know he won't be apping with Amex.  Smiley Wink

I'll keep the men in white coats on standby!

ya, even i have my standards!
Message 172 of 246
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Heeeeere, Ducky-ducky-ducky.  C'mon.  Niiiice Ducky!  This won't hurt a bit, I promise...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 173 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

scapegrace13 wrote:
Heeeeere, Ducky-ducky-ducky.  C'mon.  Niiiice Ducky!  This won't hurt a bit, I promise...

lol, still not falling for it.
Message 174 of 246
Scamp
Valued Contributor

imducky wrote:

scapegrace13 wrote:

lol, still not falling for it.

He ain't buyin' it, Peas.  Tranquilizer dart it'll have to be. 

Or maybe hypnosis, since technically one DOES have to check in to here voluntarily (pesky rules!)

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 175 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I'm enjoying my time here, but that Starbucks Duetto card seems to be calling my name....*stares out window longingly*
Message 176 of 246
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In case this helps any of you voluntary commitments to the Center, I just got a brisk heads-up on the effect of a new account, when I already have too many new accounts.

DD#2 is in Ireland for the summer, so she called BofA to ask if I could talk to them about her brand-new Visa account in her absence if anything arose. Sure, no problemo. They didn't mention that this would put me in authorized user status, and that the account would pop up on my reports.

I didn't know this until it showed up on a TC pull with a $455 balance on a $1K CL. Out of morbid curiosity, I pulled TU to see the effect: 13 point drop, 724 --> 711, for another new account posting. My overall util didn't change, thank goodness, so I think the drop can be attributed just to having another stinking new account on my reports. This took me from 9 new accounts in the past year to 10.

I'm going to have them take me back off next week, but maybe that 13-point-drop threat might help anyone getting twitchy. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 177 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh. You'd think that's something they'd mention to you!

Bad bank, baaad.

But I still want the Starbucks cardSmiley Happy

Message Edited by pjxf99 on 07-27-2008 06:35 AM
Message 178 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logical wrote:

From Nov 06 to Nov 07 I got 20 cards. Caught the frenzy! My goal is no apps until Jan 09 when I get a TrueEarnings Amex (Costco) and a Discover card. 2009 will be the year to determine the keepers among them. I'll last till January.   [edited to go back a year - sigh]

Message Edited by Logical on 04-09-2008 10:11 PM

Message Edited by Logical on 04-09-2008 10:14 PM

Logical, you beat me! I got 15 in about the same time frame and thought I was out of control.  So, make way for your new "roomie"!Smiley Very Happy
Message 179 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling,

A small portion of that drop, especially since its TU, is likely for an extra account with a balance and for the individual utility portion of the formula. Though I am sure you lost a few for another account or average age as well.
Message 180 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.