Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sleigh Center

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Sleigh Center

Citi Flex is really hard to get. I was turned down with a score over 800 because they said my debt was too high. Flex is one of the hardest apps out there, don't feel too bad.
Message 821 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have a different kind of Sleigh Disorder:

Instead of applying for new credit, I've been re-arranging the credit we already have: doing product changes, consolidating, shifting credit lines from one to the other.

Does anyone else do that?
Message 822 of 842
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Instead of applying for new credit, I've been re-arranging the credit we already have: doing product changes, consolidating, shifting credit lines from one to the other.

You're in the puttering phase!

As long as you have a good credit profile set up, and from other posts it sounds like you do, you're in the wait and watch phase. My one suggestion (from another thread) is to get one more card to diversify a bit beyond Bank of America. Otherwise, if you're not being carped at on screen 2 of your FICO reports about anything that you can change, you're on cruise control, which is a nice place to be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 823 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

watchnerd wrote:

I did that a couple of years ago: I worked with my existing card companies, reallocating some credit lines, and did some product changes to cards that better suited my needs.   I have 8 credit cards: 7 of these were acquired between 1978-1995.   The remaining account was opened in 2006.  At this moment in time, I'm very happy with my current cards. 
Message 824 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're in the puttering phase!

As long as you have a good credit profile set up, and from other posts it sounds like you do, you're in the wait and watch phase. My one suggestion (from another thread) is to get one more card to diversify a bit beyond Bank of America. Otherwise, if you're not being carped at on screen 2 of your FICO reports about anything that you can change, you're on cruise control, which is a nice place to be.

Yeah, I really should diversify more beyond BofA. Although I feel a bit of karmic obligation to them at the moment for waiving the fee on the Accolades card after I whined about it before applying.

The issue is that I'm a bit of a control freak and a bit lazy: I like logging into one place and seeing cash-flow related balances in one view in as near to real-time as it can be.
Message 825 of 842
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
The issue is that I'm a bit of a control freak and a bit lazy: I like logging into one place and seeing cash-flow related balances in one view in as near to real-time as it can be.

I have to say that I'm very happy with the online set-up for both Chase and Citi, although Citi appears to be twiddling with their site, per today's posts. Both are very straightforward and intuitive, and in fact, for me they involve fewer clicks than the BofA site. I find them both easy to jump in on, check things out, and jump back out. (I wish I could say the same for PenFed!)

Anyway, the smart advice is to not get new credit if you don't need it, and if you do, make sure that it fits your requirements. So if you want an non-BofA card, you might find something at Chase or Citi.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 826 of 842
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

This place has been quiet for a while  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 827 of 842
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:
This place has been quiet for a while Smiley Happy

It has. I'm still checked in. Didn't someone start another center a few months ago?
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 828 of 842
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Found it...the Concorduser Center http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=68676#M68676 I'm checked in here too.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 829 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because it's a DUMP-

MidnightVoice wrote:
This place has been quiet for a while  Smiley Happy

Message 830 of 842
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.