Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Synchrony Effect

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: The Synchrony Effect

Lol, I LOL'd when I read the ask to update income and it smelled like SyncSmiley Happy

When I got that email I actually checked my PayPal but as of yet didnt see where you can update income .

I think I good rule to adopt with Synchrony is just pif . Any account closures or silly putty and you can be on your way. I can't berate them, they've given me my best limits . Interesting times ahead indeedSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, I LOL'd when I read the ask to update income and it smelled like SyncSmiley Happy

When I got that email I actually checked my PayPal but as of yet didnt see where you can update income .

I think I good rule to adopt with Synchrony is just pif . Any account closures or silly putty and you can be on your way. I can't berate them, they've given me my best limits . Interesting times ahead indeedSmiley Wink

Oh heck ... give it a shot Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I'm looking to increase my exposure with Synchrony, but I'd rather do so on my Amazon card!  Smiley Very Happy

I like my Amazon card too - I got it CLI'ed to $6k last month and I may ask for another one later this year (after I combine my two QS'es). As far as overall Synchrony goes, I still want the Marvel MC but that can wait until this summer. I wasn't able to get my PayPal Credit reinstated last month (when it was still Comenity) because of the 2014 BK it was included in, and they told me at the time I probably wouldn't be able to get a new account for at least the next while either; I don't know if that'll change now that it's under Sync, but right now I don't feel any great urgency to try.

Message 13 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, got a paper in the mail today from Comenity concerning my Paypal Credit account which will be turning over to Synchrony Bank .

You know you are feeling the Synchrony Effect when your apr is getting raised from 21% to 25% Smiley Wink Pay down those balances boys and girls, dont get caught with your credit pants down around your feetSmiley Wink

Ouch, indeed.  Smiley Sad

Hopefully anybody carrying a balance on Paypal Credit is on a 0% promo anyway. 

It will be interesting to see if the account starts reporting; will also be interesting to see if Paypal will start allowing it to be used for backup funding for the Paypal Debit MasterCard (similar to how Smart Connect can be).

Considering probably alot of users leave very large balance because of hidden tradeline. I hope Synchrony bank treat this type of credit line as "Visa Signature" type where they dont report credit line and balance. I am one of those who probably will be caught "pants down" in terms of credit. I just made a very large purchase on a 6 months promo. Can anyone verify if Synchrony bank willing to keep the Paypal Credit as it is? 

Message 14 of 88
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

You have got to be kidding me. I don't like Synch and I surely don't like when they could be messing with my hidden tradeline. 

Message 15 of 88
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@LCC_mk14 wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. I don't like Synch and I surely don't like when they could be messing with my hidden tradeline. 

They are serious. And don’t call them Shirley.

Message 16 of 88
redpat
Senior Contributor

AJC, I have to say your pants were already around your feet at 21% interest.......@ 25% they wanted you to bend over......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 17 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha Redpat, indeedSmiley Wink. But the good thing with it being hidden if I used it for anything less than a 6 month promo, I'd just pif. Still can't beat their $99 6 month 0% deal. It will be sad to see that go.
Message 18 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

AJC, I have to say your pants were already around your feet at 21% interest.......@ 25% they wanted you to bend over......

AJC ... catch this one Smiley Indifferent Note, were not talking about "moon beams" Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Me and Sync gonna dance to "Roni" by BB Smiley Wink.
Message 20 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.