cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Synchrony Effect

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is PayPal Credit dead as we know it?

Lol, all I understood was your last paragraphSmiley Wink. This should be interesting to say the leastSmiley Happy
Message 51 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal CREDIT / SYNCHRONY Info !!!

Hey all Mazumps!

Have not posted probably in 1.5 years, but I wanted to post and let everyone know that I spoke to a PayPal Creidt Superviosr on Friday, who informed me that they will still NOT BE REPORTING this LOC to credit even with Synchrony's takeover. Interest rate is changing, and no more "no minimum payment" promos, because, well, Synchorny is a FLART! Smiley Very Happy 

If anyone cares to follow this up and call as well, let me know if you get the same answer! But so far, I was told that PayPal will still be a hidden TL - here is HOPING !!!

Message 52 of 88
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal CREDIT / SYNCHRONY Info !!!

I hope this is true!! I haven’t called to close mine yet. All signs from discussion here seem to be that it would not only report, but report with an opening date of June 2018 rather than my original BML date of 2000 or 2001.
Message 53 of 88
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'd still like to see them offer some flexible payment options beyond standard monthly minimums. Perhaps they'll be "special" offers like PayPal bombards me with on a weekly basis. 

Message 54 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure as to where people are hearing it will report as a new trade or at all, as I was told by an actual Supervisor on the PP Credit side it would NOT REPORT .... hmmmmmm

Message 55 of 88
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am unsure as to where people are hearing it will report as a new trade or at all, as I was told by an actual Supervisor on the PP Credit side it would NOT REPORT .... hmmmmmm

It was under the assumption of Synchrony's past actions regarding "new" accounts. If this is true I'm actually kind of surprised Sync is allowing this. In any case with CSRs I would take anything with a grain of salt until it actually happens.

Message 56 of 88
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all Mazumps!

Have not posted probably in 1.5 years, but I wanted to post and let everyone know that I spoke to a PayPal Creidt Superviosr on Friday, who informed me that they will still NOT BE REPORTING this LOC to credit even with Synchrony's takeover. Interest rate is changing, and no more "no minimum payment" promos, because, well, Synchorny is a FLART! Smiley Very Happy 

If anyone cares to follow this up and call as well, let me know if you get the same answer! But so far, I was told that PayPal will still be a hidden TL - here is HOPING !!!

Sigh. It's so hard for us old flarts farts to keep up with urban dictionary. Which by the way gives a number of possible definitions for "flart" - a pastry, a combination of flan + tart; a flow chart; or the last bit of gas when you fart, which contains the highest concentration of Stench nasty. I'm going to go with the latter, from experience. Smiley Embarassed

Well, also from experience I've learned to take what reps tell you with a grain of salt. But, I've decided to take one for the team and keep my Paypal Credit open and see what happens. It would be sweet if Synch reports it with the Comenity open date, around 2007-2008. It survived my 2010 BK7 with $0 balance, and since all of my active TLs are 2012 or later, most 2015 or later, that would be a gift to my AAoA. But, not counting on it, Que sera, sera.

Message 57 of 88
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ I just wish you could take one for the team in time to let the rest of us know what happens so we can take appropriate action! LOL
Message 58 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wassup JoeyZoomSmiley Happy I remember ya from my first days here on the forum, nice to see ya still around and hope all is well.

I know Sync is Sync but were it me and I'm Sync and I have PayPal Extras and 2% Cashback Mc, I'd maintain a htl for diversity. Let's hope for the best prepare for the worseSmiley Wink
Message 59 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

K in Boston, I'm keeping mine open for now. New account, shoot, what's 1 more. If it goes visual, I'm going out like Gmood1 and asking for 25KSmiley Wink
Message 60 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.