Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zync glitter is real!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Zync glitter is real!

I never really made a thread but I applied for the zync and was approved after a WEEK long wait for manual review. I was approved on 11/02.

Received the card today and activated it online. I'm loving the online access. It all seems unreal to me. I never thought I was going to have an Amex for a very long time. To tell you the truth I was expecting an error or something when I activated. I just thought man did they make a mistake? LOL creditaddict can attest to this as I was private messaging him for advice the whole time. I didn't want to make a post till I knew it was for real!

I'm so very glad to be where I'm at.

Thank you myfico and all the people that have helped me achieve this phenomenal feat.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: The Zync glitter is real!

Congrats! Its a great card. If you really want to be amazed put it under a black light!Smiley Surprised Its even cooler than the glitter.

Message 2 of 106
jnydc
Contributor

I just got mine today too...it is so glittery and pretty... It's very white though, and looks almost fake...but I love it!

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 3 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Grats gbishere Smiley Happy It is nice to be in the Amex "Club".

I received mine today as well.

mross1080- I'm wondering why you think it's a great card?

I activated it online, went to check out the rewards and to be honest, I didn't see anything too good.

I was hoping to use it at WholeFoods, as that's the only place I really shop. Thought the ECO pack points would at least pay for the yearly fee. But when I did the math, my Citi dividend select worked out much better. Granted, I think everyone should get an Amex as early as possible, as you'll never know when the backdate on a new Amex may come in handy.. but other than that.. i dunno...

Am I missing something with the ZYNC?

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

I think its good for a few reasons.

1.  Its looks really cool ( I get comments on it all the time)

2 . It has a lowest annual fee for a Amex charge product

3.  Depending on what you use it for and charge a good amount the packs are great

4.  All the Amex benefits (Warranty, Travel benefits, etc)

5. 10,000 Bonus points for opening. (Covers annual fee and then some for first year)

Thats what I can come up with. Theres more reasons but thats what stands out to me. I have a zync and a green. I use the zync for all my entertainment and the green for all my bills. The last couple months Ive flowed almost 4k a month through both. Just using a 1 to 1 ratio im getting great rewards points. I do get double points on a lot of purchases though. And lastly Citi hates me and I dont have any of there productsSmiley Tongue

Message 5 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

I think its good for a few reasons.

1.  Its looks really cool ( I get comments on it all the time)

2 . It has a lowest annual fee for a Amex charge product

3.  Depending on what you use it for and charge a good amount the packs are great

4.  All the Amex benefits (Warranty, Travel benefits, etc)

5. 10,000 Bonus points for opening. (Covers annual fee and then some for first year)

Thats what I can come up with. Theres more reasons but thats what stands out to me. I have a zync and a green. I use the zync for all my entertainment and the green for all my bills. The last couple months Ive flowed almost 4k a month through both. Just using a 1 to 1 ratio im getting great rewards points. I do get double points on a lot of purchases though. And lastly Citi hates me and I dont have any of there productsSmiley Tongue

LOL.. that one is great!  Smiley Happy

10,000?? Mine said 5,000 and I think they're pending?? hmm.. need to check that again.

Citi doesn't love me either.. but they love my DH so I got AU.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 106
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I kind of want a zync card but I can't risk opening new accounts right now.  Maybe after I buy a house, I will go on a credit card app spree.

Message 7 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

I just checked the Amex site. It still says 10,000 bonus points. I dont know if it was 5k for a certain period but its 10k now. It takes about 2 months for the points to show up. It did for me! And it is the coolest card I have. When you hand it to someone most of the time it gets a second lookSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 106
mommyof4
Valued Member

OK! So I decided to see if I could also get the Zync and guess what???? I WAS APPROVED. I'm so excited. I didn't' think my scores were good enough to apply, but I had been reading everyone else's messages and said why not try? So I did! I can hardly wait for the 7-10 days for it to arrive. OH!!! And I have 3 CO on my report, one as early as 08. My current scores AR Eq 672 TU 679.

Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Message 9 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

Congrats!

@mommyof4 wrote:

OK! So I decided to see if I could also get the Zync and guess what???? I WAS APPROVED. I'm so excited. I didn't' think my scores were good enough to apply, but I had been reading everyone else's messages and said why not try? So I did! I can hardly wait for the 7-10 days for it to arrive. OH!!! And I have 3 CO on my report, one as early as 08. My current scores AR Eq 672 TU 679.

Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Message 10 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.