Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zync glitter is real!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: The Zync glitter is real!

C'mon, everyone, let's have a little more charity going here.

Didn't we ever watch someone else --a kid brother or big sister --open a present, watching them go nuts with delight, and think whoa, that's the lamest gift I ever saw? But surely you didn't say it out loud, right?

And not everyone here has had incredibly perfect and intelligent credit/ financial behavior in the past.* How about cheering other people's progress?

I'm about to drag out my dreaded Mom voice and drone, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."  Smiley Tongue

*edit to add that I'm a prime example of past stuck-on-stupid credit behavior. Having 7 lates on one account because I was irritated about paying a gym membership fee? Having a 60-day late on a store card because I tried to wait out a kid, wanting them to pay the bill? Getting a late on a new CC because I kept throwing away unopened statements, thinking they were ads, while wondering when they'd ever send a bill? No one's perfect, but we can all get better, and we start somewhere.  Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 41 of 106
Gh0st
Contributor

You guys are so friendly Smiley Very Happy, Thank you for the congratulations. 

.Believe.
Message 42 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well this thread was two pages long and I was like woah who all posted.

Anyways I like my zync because

the prestige ( not going to lie :-) )

I was not aware that this is a particularly prestigious card. Sorry, not going to lie either. It can be had with rather mediocre credit score/profile. However, you can always upgrade to the platinum later and feel more prestigious (but then you have to pay much more for that feeling).

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. While a Amex Centurion holder will probably look down upon the great unwashed carrying Zync cards, the Zync owners will feel proud not to carry a First Premier card or something similar.

People might say: Wow, that guy can afford to pay the $2500 annual fee for the Centurion card. He must be special. Nobody will say: Wow, that guy can afford to pay $25 for his Zync.

I guess I don't care about "prestigious." I guess I am out of zync with prestige (lame pun intended).

I think the Amex Blue (and Blue Cash) look much snazzier than the Zync. But again, that's only my personal taste. It's not a bad taste as it saves me $25 annually.

Way to rain on someones parade...

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 43 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask why we keep comparing a Charge Card to Credit Cards? Compare some of the AMEX Credit cards like Blue Cash or SPG that offer EXCELLENT rewards, top notch customer service, extended warranties and travel insurance. I am also not sure about rate-jacking from AMEX either...they have a lot more revenue streams than just their interest rates. They own the network, unlike Capital One, Chase, HSBC whoever that use the VISA or MC networks. AMEX by most accounts is an excellent company to do business with and if that means paying $25 for a start with them so be it. For most here we send the check with a smile, myself included. P.S. Congrats on the 6.9% rate that is awesome!
Message 44 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

My credit card is better than your credit card!Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow are you kidding me? Its Saturday people USF just beat Louisville and now USF (my team) is bowl eligible. 

Wait, let me guess. You guys have something to say about the school I went to and my football team? Smiley Indifferent

God it must be TJ'in day. LOL 

Message 46 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

I wanted to see that game. Its on ESPN 3D. But im workingSmiley Sad. The only thing better about watching football is when its in 3D.Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 106
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow are you kidding me? Its Saturday people USF just beat Louisville and now USF (my team) is bowl eligible. 

Wait, let me guess. You guys have something to say about the school I went to and my football team? Smiley Indifferent

Have you seen the UT - Ole Miss score???  Smiley Surprised

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 48 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

I wanted to see that game. Its on ESPN 3D. But im workingSmiley Sad. The only thing better about watching football is when its in 3D.Smiley Happy

You have a 3d tv ?? lucky! I did watch the game in HD on my 40inch tv. It's only a Toshiba though... I mean someone might have something to add about how my tv isn't as good as a Samsung. Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you seen the UT - Ole Miss score???  Smiley Surprised

My best friend is from Tn and he was texting me about how his team is putting a spanking on Ole Miss. Whats the score?

Message 50 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.