Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zync glitter is real!

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Zync glitter is real!

@JM-AM wrote:

The ZYNC you have to buy packages for the different benefits. Thinking from the CSR's point of view the basic ZYNC does not have the same rewards as the GREEN, unless you upgrade with the packages which cost additional fee's. Do not know why wouldn't be considered a charge card as it has to be paid in full just the same. With AMEX anything is possible, they change things around so much. Besides upgrading to the BLUE is a better card then ZYNC and no fee with-out losing the benefits of the card you have now.

Applying for a card or changing your present card because of how a card looks really isn't beneficial. I can't say I have never done this, but I have learned if the card is not beneficial to me and my spending habits, there really is no need for it. 

Just my 3 cents.

I agree with this. But I think Amex may be the exception- just to build a relationship with them. You never know when an extra TG with a long history may come in handy. At least that's why I applied.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 106
MAstudent07
Contributor

You are absolutely right JM-AM, I was asking about the basic Zync. My main concern is the annual fee. My spending habits are not that complicated, therefore,  I do not foresee any issue with any card.

In regards to the color discussion,  the reality is the color doesn't matter, but since I am taking ownership of the card, I always take that into consideration too. Everything I have is a clear representation of me, and  I refuse to force things I don't like on myself. Smiley Happy

As far the charge card issue, I don't know if she is correct or not, because like you said, things get changed all the time. I was taken aback since it is a pay in full card. Thanks for your information it rocks.

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 22 of 106
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MAstudent07 wrote:

You are absolutely right JM-AM, I was asking about the basic Zync. My main concern is the annual fee. My spending habits are not that complicated, therefore,  I do not foresee any issue with any card.

In regards to the color discussion,  the reality is the color doesn't matter, but since I am taking ownership of the card, I always take that into consideration too. Everything I have is a clear representation of me, and  I refuse to force things I don't like on myself. Smiley Happy

As far the charge card issue, I don't know if she is correct or not, because like you said, things get changed all the time. I was taken aback since it is a pay in full card. Thanks for your information it rocks.

This is why I never applied for the Hello Kitty CCSmiley Very Happy  And I know plenty of people have it and love it, and thumbs up for them, but I was way too old for Hello Kitty when it first hit, and I'm even older now.

I still miss my AU Discover card:  Smiley Sad

discover monet.jpg

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't like the Hello kitty card?? Lol 

I like my AU discover card tooo :-)

Message 24 of 106
jhtrico1850
Regular Contributor

With the $25 annual fee, I think you'd need to spend $2500 to break even on just fees, never mind getting cash back. With the Citi Forward and its regular 0.7% cashback, never mind the bonus 3.5% for food/entertainment, you'd be ahead by $18. And you can't even carry a balance?

AXP seems to me doesn't make sense unless you spend big, otherwise, you're just paying for unnecessary status.

Message 25 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are you focusing on recovering the amount from the annual fee. Anyone that knows anything about Amex charge cards knows that 25 bucks is nothing. 

For me, 25 bucks is worth having extended warranties alone. 

If you are worried about 25 bucks, maybe you shouldn't have a credit card. LOL

Message 26 of 106
Gh0st
Contributor

Don't most cards offer extended warrentys these days? 

Anyway, you guys pressured me. Applied for a zync and got approved. along with a chase freedom. Applied for discover but its processing Smiley Sad.

.Believe.
Message 27 of 106
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, before this degenerates into a lot of ya-ya-ya'ing, I would just observe that it's a great way to get in with American Express and locking in the "member since" bit. Not everyone can qualify for the good rewards cards, from any CCC, or at least, not yet. Then, after 11 months (or 6 months for the bold), apply for a no-fee AmEx revolver, get the earlier year of opening, and close the fee card right before the fee is due again. It's a reasonable option, even if it's not attractive or necessary for everyone.

Smiley Happy

gh0st posted while I was writing this. Congrats, gh0st.

And seriously, for all the builders/ rebuilders getting Zyncs, congrats also, and be very, very careful with this card and with your others. If you have three or so cards, take a break and let these build up your history, and practice grooming your new and improved credit in the interim. An awful lot of builders/ rebuilders get in trouble by going bat-crazy and getting every card they can find, and then they go nuts trying to keep all of them in use and paid off and "happy." Take your time --you'll get even better stuff in a year.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 106
mross1080
Established Contributor

I think 25 dollars is nothing compared to all you get to be an amex member. Its even better since the next level fee is 95. And Amex customer service is next to none. Try having a dispute issue with capital one or dare I say hsbc. Youll give up before it all gets sorted out.

Message 29 of 106
jhtrico1850
Regular Contributor

Visa and Mastercard have extended warranty things too. I don't know how they compare, but it probably doesn't matter much, unless like I said, if you're a big spender.

I've never had to resolve an issue with my credit cards. I've got the law on my side anyway. But I understand some people are more comfortable paying more for the American Express name.

Right now doesn't seem like the best time to get an American Express card, with APR high, fees common. With the new CARD Act, if they can't raise rates, they'll be sure to charge high rates for new customers, so I'll wait to see if they ever put a good product out (low APR, no annual fee).

Message 30 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.