Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Latest on Costco and Citi Bank Visa

Someone was just approved about a minute ago when I was walking back from lunch lol
Message 91 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dds2be wrote:
The last day to apply for the True earnings card is December 31st. After that no one will be able to apply for the card. It was supposed to be October 1st but was extended until 12/31/15. They have to establish a cut off date in order to initiate the conversion. If u can get in with Amex easier than citi I suggest u app for the TE soon, and get ur 3x cli. The citi card will be a very good card! We'll see what it's in store!

I apologize for my ignorance Smiley Sad .... So, the TE from Amex will still be good to use next year in Costco? I thought Costco will stop using Amex CCs next year? Smiley Sad

Message 92 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be good to use anywhere Amex is accepted including Costco till March 31st 2016
Message 93 of 551
slicemans
Regular Contributor

What will happen to our credit history? Will it close as costco amex or it will be continued open but name as citi visa?

Message 94 of 551
Bman70
Established Contributor

@slicemans wrote:

What will happen to our credit history? Will it close as costco amex or it will be continued open but name as citi visa?

Probably the same as when Capital One bought my HSBC card. It's the same tradeline and opening date and credit line, but just a different bank name on the reports. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 95 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@victornewman wrote:

@dds2be wrote:
The last day to apply for the True earnings card is December 31st. After that no one will be able to apply for the card. It was supposed to be October 1st but was extended until 12/31/15. They have to establish a cut off date in order to initiate the conversion. If u can get in with Amex easier than citi I suggest u app for the TE soon, and get ur 3x cli. The citi card will be a very good card! We'll see what it's in store!

Amex is still issuing new TE cards?  I wonder if anyone has been approved for this card recently.

Yup. Any new Costco members or members who want the TE can still apply for them until the cut off date AFAIK.

Message 96 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

@slicemans wrote:

Probably the same as when Capital One bought my HSBC card. It's the same tradeline and opening date and credit line, but just a different bank name on the reports. 

Hmmm....I always thought it would be a new TL Smiley Tongue

This would definitely be the best for us though.

Message 97 of 551
celluloid17
Established Contributor

It seems like March 31, 2016 isn't a hard and fast date for the end of the Amex TE.  In the recent letter they sent out with the FAQ about the upcoming transition, they say that the Amex TE will be good until "sometime after March 31, 2016" and that the new Costco Visa from Citi will be introduced and issued "sometime after March 31, 2016".  That's kind of vague wording and leaves it open for them to play with the dates.  That also means that we probably won't be seeing applications (and conversions) for the new Citi card beginning any earlier than March 31, 2016 because they are not locking themselves into a specific time frame with a definite end/start date for the old and new cards.  I wonder if there will be an overlap period where Costco will accept both Amex and Visa??

Message 98 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would bet on an overlap period with Costco accepting both Amex and VISA. It does not matter how many letters they send, or how well they train the associates to prepare the customers for the change, there will still be people showing up in April with just their Amex. I'm sure Costco prepared for this by including a provision in the contract for an overlap period to avoid losing sales during the transition.
Message 99 of 551
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Honestly how many people do you know that have an AX card but do not carry a Visa. My guess is that there are very few people who fit that category.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 100 of 551
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.