Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The chase axe falls.

tag
mrpeabody
Established Member

The chase axe falls.

Both my wife and I had our old wamu cards cnaceled by chase today. 5 years no lates and regular use. Reason was too many accounts oppened in last 2 years. 3 is too many? Oh well. I hate Chase anyway. Move everythng over tho BofA and Citi. Both have always been good to me. I had a zero ballance so no harm no foul.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: The chase axe falls.

Chase closed my account when i got a 60 day late last year. I am current and still paying them off but i do not think i will ever re apply for a chase credit cards after reading all these negative posts. Both Chase and Amex are crazy for mistreating their customers. Their are too many other pime and subprime banks out there with decent programs to even worry about it. Be happy to have Chase out your life.
Message 2 of 4
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
Chase closed my account when i got a 60 day late last year. I am current and still paying them off but i do not think i will ever re apply for a chase credit cards after reading all these negative posts. Both Chase and Amex are crazy for mistreating their customers. Their are too many other pime and subprime banks out there with decent programs to even worry about it. Be happy to have Chase out your life.

You mean a 60-day late with Chase and then Chase closed that account?
Message 3 of 4
DrunkPenguin

Hi,

I came here to post a question because the same thing just happened to me. I will piggy back your thread if you don't mind?

I admit I have a lot of credit card debt (around $35k) and I am running at around 90% max. I know this is bad and I have had many of these cards for years and I am NEVER late.

So I received the letter today from Chase that they are closing my card. I have a $9800 limit and owe around $9000. I was a Providian xfer and this account was almost 9 years old.

My real Fico's are 678. Not bad but not great. Once again never late on anything.

I have been raped at 31% on this card for a while and it was the same rate when it was Providian.

This has made it a little harder to pay down. My question is now that they have closed the account, can I negotiate this insane APR? Never late. Nine year Customer. Or do you think they are just going to say no? I cannot pay the account in full now and will continue to make on time payments. I know this sounds odd but I have been afraid for whatever reason to call any of my CC companies to discuss rate reductions because of the high balances.

Is this going to start a snowball effect with my other cards? AMX next? I will never be late and will get these cards paid down but now I am going to lose precious long-term history with no lates.

Uggg,

Thanks-DP

Message Edited by DrunkPenguin on 07-23-2009 06:23 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.