Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dreaded Amex

I was just approved for a Delta Gold Amex with $1000 CL. I probably would not have applied had I read all this FR stuff. I think I was just so excited to see if I would get approved and get out of the subprime CC's that i have. Is this card considered subprime or prime?

anyways, if I want to convert to a blue - should I wait a few months before doing so? And, how do you do that - do you call and when you do - do they cancel the delta and convert or then you just have two amex cards?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The dreaded Amex

overwhelmed wrote:
I was just approved for a Delta Gold Amex with $1000 CL. I probably would not have applied had I read all this FR stuff. I think I was just so excited to see if I would get approved and get out of the subprime CC's that i have. Is this card considered subprime or prime?

anyways, if I want to convert to a blue - should I wait a few months before doing so? And, how do you do that - do you call and when you do - do they cancel the delta and convert or then you just have two amex cards?

I converted mine from a Delta to a Blue Cash the day i received it in the mail.  I just called and asked  them to convert it over.  They are keeping the same account number and sending me my Blue Cash card in the mail. I don't know if they will allow you to convert, I think the minimum limit on the Blue cards is 2K, where you got the 1K limit, you'll have to see what they say, the good thing is that they don't do another inquiry on your credit (at least they didn't for me).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are the benefits of the blue? I know with delta amex you get frequent flyer points....
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I received my Amex Delta card in the mail and asked to have it converted when I called to have it activated. They had no issues and sent me out the blue card. I only have a 1k limit on the card.

Hoc
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.