cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of the BOA Better Balance Rewards (BBR)?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

The future of the BOA Better Balance Rewards (BBR)?

Does anyone still have this long defunct card?

I've had mine since 2014 and I use it primarily for Netflix and Hulu to keep recurring charges on it in order to earn the $25 quarterly cash bonus.  It's my only BOA card and it's my lowest CL.

Does anyone have an idea of how long BOA is likely to keep this active under the current rewards structure?  It was closed to new applicants in 2017 and I'm kind of surprised that they haven't automatically product changed those that still have it to something current.

Is BOA known to keep legacy cards going unchanged indefinitely?  Any insiders with information about the future of this product?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: The future of the BOA Better Balance Rewards (BBR)?

Yes, I still have it and I got the quarterly cash rewards just last month.

Message 2 of 14
creditfan
Established Contributor

yes I currently have 2

one is MC and one is visa

Message 3 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

yes I currently have 2

Do you know if I could get another one? 

Message 4 of 14
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

You used to be able to I think. When I tried a couple of years back, they said no to PC to BBR.

I've had it for like 2 or 3 years. Unicorn card if I ever seen one. 

I charge $6 comcast on it and get $30 a quarter and only keep $300 in savings which was min balance at the time. My Cash Rewrds gets the 10% relationship bonus from the savings account.

So as far as I know you can have one but there have been people who have like six of those...... (When PC was available).

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 5 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

You used to be able to I think. When I tried a couple of years back, they said no to PC to BBR.

I've had it for like 2 or 3 years. Unicorn card if I ever seen one. 

I charge $6 comcast on it and get $30 a quarter and only keep $300 in savings which was min balance at the time. My Cash Rewrds gets the 10% relationship bonus from the savings account.

So as far as I know you can have one but there have been people who have like six of those...... (When PC was available).

Insofar as a PC to the BBR from another card that particular ship sailed long ago. And yes I still have mine.  That's a bear I'm not going to poke as it's a card that keeps on giving.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The only thing additional that I can offer is your question regarding the longevity of legacy products.  When MBNA sold their credit card division to BOA in 2005, my card retained its existing structure with no BOA equivalency for over a decade before I did a product change myself to Travel Rewards.  As long as it's not a  cobranded card where the relationship has changed or ended, I would assume that existing cardholders will continue to be grandfathered for some time.

Message 7 of 14
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The only thing additional that I can offer is your question regarding the longevity of legacy products.  When MBNA sold their credit card division to BOA in 2005, my card retained its existing structure with no BOA equivalency for over a decade before I did a product change myself to Travel Rewards.  As long as it's not a  cobranded card where the relationship has changed or ended, I would assume that existing cardholders will continue to be grandfathered for some time.

That's really good to know!  I'm hoping that the same holds true for this card.  Thank you so much.

@coldfusion wrote:

That's a bear I'm not going to poke as it's a card that keeps on giving.

I almost didn't post this question because I was afraid that even raising it may jinx myself, but I'm hoping that BOA will leave BBR cardholders well enough alone.

Message 8 of 14
creditfan
Established Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

yes I currently have 2

Do you know if I could get another one? 

the option is long gone before application disappear

mine is 2 still consider not many compares to others

Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The only reason i keep mine open is the $100 a year i get . Boa wont give me any more cards, cli, bt offers, etc. Essentially worthless with no rewards and cant use for bts.....but $100Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.