cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The impact of adding two more cards (Freedom Unlimited and Cashforward)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The impact of adding two more cards (Freedom Unlimited and Cashforward)

I don't have too many cards, but my AAoA is a little more than 2 years for now. My last application was Jan last year, but my FICO score stick around 750 for a while during my gardening time. If I pull the trigger for Chase's Freedom Unlimited and Barclay's Cash Forward at the same time, what impact I will see on my score and other aspects of credits? Will there be any long-term damage?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The impact of adding two more cards (Freedom Unlimited and Cashforward)

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have too many cards, but my AAoA is a little more than 2 years for now. My last application was Jan last year, but my FICO score stick around 750 for a while during my gardening time. If I pull the trigger for Chase's Freedom Unlimited and Barclay's Cash Forward at the same time, what impact I will see on my score and other aspects of credits? Will there be any long-term damage?

Thanks.

It's hard to argue any long term damage from anything FICO wise other than getting some sort of deliquency or derogatory tacked onto your report.

Short term inquiries, possible reduction in AAOA, possible new account penalty for some scorecards, about sums it up.  None of those are really long-term, 1-2ish years tops and likely less than that.

Basically if you could use those two credit cards in your credit portfolio (always have a plan for every app) and you don't have any important credit decision coming up in the next year or so, like a house, isn't a problem taking two apps.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The impact of adding two more cards (Freedom Unlimited and Cashforward)

@Revelate wrote:

It's hard to argue any long term damage from anything FICO wise other than getting some sort of deliquency or derogatory tacked onto your report.

Short term inquiries, possible reduction in AAOA, possible new account penalty for some scorecards, about sums it up.  None of those are really long-term, 1-2ish years tops and likely less than that.

Basically if you could use those two credit cards in your credit portfolio (always have a plan for every app) and you don't have any important credit decision coming up in the next year or so, like a house, isn't a problem taking two apps.

Initially, I was wishing to have an increased CL to help me increase my score, but nothing in the next 1-2 years on my plan to use my score for buying a house or things like that. Maybe I just got bold for doing gardening and couldn't find any good cards releasing this year Smiley Happy I don't really need those two cards except for the bonus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.